2011 Suzuki Motorcycle
Suzuki’s rich racing history in Outdoor Motocross, Supercross, GNCC off-road and FIM World Motocross has been the develop grounds for the RM-Z250.
And with each year, the RMZ250 continues to get more powerful and lighter, and 2012 is no exception. The 2012 Suzuki RM-Z 250 features a fully-adjustable Showa inverted front suspension, Suzuki Fuel Injection, and powerful four-stroke liquid-cooled four-valve 250cc engine that produce balanced, effective power with strong mid-range torque and responsive acceleration for impressive performance on the track.
For high-speed traction and handling on rough tracks, the RM-Z250 features a slim, twin-spar aluminum chassis and swingarm.
2012 Suzuki RM-Z250 Features
- New graphics complete the 2011 package. In addition, the number plates have a black background to conform to rules for competition numbers.
- For 2011, the RM-Z250 meets stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output.
- The RM-Z is powered by a compact and lightweight 249cc, fuel-injected, DOHC, titanium four-valve, semi-dry-sump, four-stroke engine. Its advanced, battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system, features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The FI system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system, and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The engine’s aluminum cylinder is treated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating. The cylinder is built for durability, is light weight and the coating allows for efficient heat transfer.
- A sturdy connecting rod and mirror finishing permits a stunning 13,500-rpm maximum engine speed.
- A 5-speed transmission provides extra flexibility, offering gear ratios suited for various terrains and conditions.
- Inverted twin chamber Showa 47mm forks and Showa piggyback shock designed with emphasis on smooth shock absorption and ample bottoming resistance. Tuned to offer superb handling for a wide range of riders, the suspension delivers excellent traction without sacrificing quick-turning ability.
- The RM-Z250 features a twin-spar aluminum frame and aluminum swingarm developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction.
- Smart chassis design details include footpeg brackets shaped to help prevent mud from clogging.
- Radiator louvers (for the twin side-mounted aluminum-alloy radiators) are joined to the outer bodywork to add strength without adding weight.
- Race-inspired brake disc rotors offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging.
- High-quality Renthal handlebars featuring a tapered design are fixed to the rubber mounted triple clamp.
- A gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface, provide additional grip.
2012 Suzuki RM-Z250 Specs
- Overall Length 2170 mm (85.4 in)
- Overall Width 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Wheelbase 1475 mm (58.1 in)
- Ground Clearance 345 mm (13.6 in)
- Seat Height 955 mm (37.6 in)
- Curb Weight 104.5 kg (230 lbs)
- Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Chain, DID520DMA4, 114 links
- Suspension Front Telescopic inverted, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Swingarm, link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear 100/90-19 57M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity 6.5 L (1.7 US gallons)
- Engine 249cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke 77.0mm (3.03 in) x 53.6mm (2.11 in)
- Compression Ratio 13.4:1
- Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter Primary kick
- Lubrication Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS)
- Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)