2011 Freestone Motocross: 250 Results
Spoiler Alert: Rockstar Energy Freestone National AMA 250 Motocross results listed below.
AMA 250 Motocross
As they did in the opening round of the 2011 AMA Motocross 250cc Championship, Kawasaki riders dominated the podium once again Saturday evening at Freestone Raceway.
Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Tyla Rattray, of South Africa, took the overall 250cc Motocross win with a 2-1 moto finish.
Taking second overall was Rattray’s Kawasaki teammate, Dean Wilson (1-3 moto finish), with third overall going to DNA Shred Stix/Star Racing Yamaha’s Kyle Cunningham (3-4).
In Moto1, Wilson looked strong, taking the win cleanly over his teammate Rattray. But in Moto2, Wilson couldn’t pass GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia or Rattray; the South African Rattray took Barcia late in the race, and went on to take his third-overall career victory in 250cc Motocross.
Tyla Rattray (Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki KX250F Motocross) says: “The track was really rough and it was also hot and windy. I feel like my conditioning pushed me to the front. I’ve been working hard (off the track).
“This is the best I’ve ever felt, and the most physically fit I’ve been in my entire racing career. The weather didn’t make it easy on any of us. I’m looking forward to a weekend off and getting ready for the next round.”
The 2011 AMA Motocross Championship breaks next week before returing at High Point in Mt. Morris, Pa., June 11, for Round 3 of 12.
2011 Freestone AMA Motocross: 250 Class (Moto Finish):
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki (2-1)
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki (1-3)
- Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha (3-4)
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda (9-2)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda (5-6)
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Suzuki (10-7)
- Matt Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Kawasaki (8-11)
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (14-8)
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki (7-16)
- Gannon Audette, Cain, Ga., Yamaha (12-12)
2011 Freestone AMA Motocross: 250 Class Championship Standings (after 2 of 12 rounds):
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki – 90
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki – 85
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 69
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki – 66
- Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 64
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda – 52
- Gareth Swanepoel, South Africa, Yamaha – 46
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Suzuki – 44
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda – 42
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki – 38