Sepang Test Wallpaper
Ben "Elbowz" Spies, born on July 11, 1984 in Germantown Tennessee, was the 2009 Superbike World Championship title winner as part of the Yamaha R1 Italia team.
In 2010 Spies entered MotoGP alongside fellow American Colin Edwards on the Tech3 Yamaha factory-support team.
For 2011, Ben Spies steps-up to the full Yamaha Factory team, alongside current World MotoGP Champion Jorge Lorenz to the fill the very large shoes of Valentino Rossi, who has defected to the Ducati team.
Ben Spies has risen through the motorcycle road racing ranks at an impressive rate.
- 2011: Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team
- 2010: 6th, MotoGP World Championship
- 2009: 1st, World SBK Champ
- 2008: 1st, AMA Superbike Champion
- 2007: 1st, AMA Superbike Champion
- 2006: 1st, AMA Superbike Champion
- 2005: 2nd, AMA Superbike
- 2004: 4th, AMA Supersport
- 2003: 9th, AMA Supersport / AMA Formula Xtreme Champion
- 2002: 9th, AMA Supersport
- 2001: 3rd, AMA 750 Superstock
- 2000: 9th, AMA Superstock
Picture above, Ben Spies entered his second full year in MotoGP at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia in Feb., 2011.
The Yamaha Factory rider spent the three days on track evaluating a number of development steps for the 2011 YZR-M1 ahead of the motorcycle race season which kicks off next month.
Spies was the 5th fastest MotoGP rider on track for the majority of the day while working through various electronic settings on his bike. This test also marks the first time the Texan rider’s complete crew have worked together.
Right click motorcycle wallpaper to download or click motorcycle thumbnail to view.