2011 Alpinestars Gear
Alpinestars will be releasing new products at the 2011 Indianapolis Dealer Expo this February, including the SMX Plus motorcycle boot.
Alpinestars is constantly working on ways to enhance already great products. The SMX Plus boot is no exception. The new 2011 model has exciting new features that will appeal to every rider.
For superior safety and freedom of movement, the Alpinestars SMX Plus features an innovative Multi Link Control system and high modulus TPU protection integrated into the sleek profile of the boot.
The inner Kevlar speed lacing closure and micro‐adjustable ratchet fastener combine to ensure a comfortable, conforming fit on both the road and track.
Alpinestars SMX Plus: Built for Speed
- High‐tech microfiber upper construction is lightweight and extremely durable.
- Forefoot laminated with shock absorbing open cell foam while the ankle area has a highly breathable lining for improved comfort.
- Large front and rear asymmetrical accordion zones are optimized to maximize flexibility for superior comfort and safety.
- Durable sole is designed for improved riding feel and features evenly textured rubber for consistent grip.
- The S‐MX PLUS boot is CE certified.
Alpinestars SMX Plus: Unique Multi Link Control System
- Alpinestars unique Multi Link Control System provides advanced support for the ankle, limiting hyper‐torsion, hyper‐extension and hyper‐ flexion as well as providing additional impact protection to the ankle and Achilles.
Alpinestars SMX Plus: Premium Protection
- Contoured shin plate protector is injected with high modulus TPU for superior impact and abrasion resistance.
- Wide, ventilated, heel counter extends to the ankle and is combined with a shock absorbing padded insert and self‐molding foam ankle protectors.
- Replaceable heel slider and external side heel slider are positioned to dissipate shock and promote sliding during an accident.
Alpinestars SMX Plus: Race Inspired Details
- Newly designed, replaceable TPU toe slider with snap‐in assembly provides more coverage around the toe area.
- Inner Kevlar speed lacing closure and a unique lateral zipper offer precise and secure fitting.
- Micro adjustable ratchet buckle closure on the calf lets you finely tune the fit of the boot for maximum security and comfort.
- Alpinestars anatomical and replaceable countered footbed provides arch support and greater feel through the forefoot.