2011 Dakar Motorcycles | Stage 3 Video
2011 Dakar Video
In this official YouTube video, Stage 3 of the 2011 Dakar Rally in Argentina is highlighted, showing the motorcycles en route from San Miguel de Tucuman to San Salvador de Jujuy.
For the third stage in a row, KTM took the top time. The reigning Dakar champions made it to the line first, with Marc Coma leading, followed by Cyril Despres, who was fastest during the first two stages. Despres still has the overall top time, though, leading Coma by only 14 seconds.
Following Despres to the line was Paulo Goncalves on the BMW G 450 R, and Olivier Pain on the Yamaha YZ 450 E. Finishing fifth was Despres’ teammate, Ruben Faria; overall, the Portugal KTM rider is 9:38 seconds behind Despres, placing him in third in the overall standing for the 2011 Dakar Rally.
2011 Dakar Rally Stage 3 Results
1. Marc Coma, Spain, KTM, 4:18.55
2. Cyril Despres, Andorra, KTM at 2:21
3. Paolo Goncalves, Portugal BMW, at 3:36
4. Olivier Pain, France, Yamaha, at 4:34
5. Ruben Faria, Portugal, KTM, at 5.46
2011 Dakar Rally Overall Standings after Stage 3
1. Cyril Despres, Andorra, KTM 09:38:58
2. Marc Coma, Spain, KTM, at 0:14
3. Ruben Faria, Portugal, KTM, at 9:38 (Penalty 00:01.00)
4. Paolo Goncalves, Portugal BMW at 10:43
5. Jose Rodrigues, Brazil, BMW at 16:07