Fans of Honda sportbikes in the UK are going to like the new member of the CBF motorcycle family, the 2011 CBF1000FA, available for £8,875 OTR ($13,500 USD) (including road and registration taxes).
Produced by Honda subsidiary Honda Italia Industriale S.P.A. (Italy), the CBF1000 motorcycle was orignally released in the European markets.
The CBF1000, in which the CBF1000 FA is based, has been around since 2006, giving riders performance and reliability that was easy on a motorcyclist’s wallet.
These reasons brought additional success to the CBF1000, and the newer version, the CBF1000FA, offers “a stylish new edge, giving the look of this new model a more compact, sporty feel, while keeping all the attributes that continue to make the CBF 1000 family a huge success.”
The motor, which is a 998cc Fireblade (CBR1000) derived engine, now features slightly higher compression ratio and about 10 more horsepower.
The motorcycle also features a sporty, single-exhaust end-can. Honda UK says despite this increased power, Honda’s frugal PGM-FI system makes the CBF1000FA motorcycle still more fuel-efficient.
As for chassis improvements, the original steel motorcycle frame was replaced by a aluminum unit. Suspension has been improved, and combined with the new aluminum frame, the CBR1000FA motorcycle has better handling and lighter weight.
In addition, Honda’s reputed Combined ABS (C-ABS) system is equipped as standard on the UK’s CBF1000F motorcycle to further enhance the machine’s safety and performance.
In the appearance department, the CBF1000FA features a “racier, slimmer” look to the half-fairing, and also a new dash layout.
The layout includes a large, central analog rev-counter and digital speedometer along with practical touches such as dual trip meters and fuel gauge, which also shows both real-time and average fuel consumption.
Sporty can still mean comfy, as the CBF1000FA motorcycle features a four-position windscreen, three-position seat and adjustable handlebars, as well as six-spoke wheels, Honda UK says.
The current range includes the CBF1000 model, available in both standard and ABS versions priced at £7,075 ($10,612.50 USD) and £7,575 ($11,362.5) (OTR) respectively, with the CBF1000GT motorcycle, which features fairing lowers and a three-box luggage system, priced at £8,425 (OTR).
The new CBF1000FA is available in two colors: Pearl Nightstar Black and Pearl Cool White, and can be even further enhanced with a host of genuine Honda accessories including luggage (top box and panniers both in two size options), heated grips, engine/casing covers, alarm, outdoor cover, U-lock, tank pad and center stand.
- Engine Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC inline-4
- Engine Displacement 998cm³
- Bore & Stroke 75 x 56.5mm
- Compression Ratio 11.2 : 1
- Carburation PGM-FI
- Max. Power Output 79kW / 9,000min-1 (95/1/EC)
- Max. Torque 96Nm / 6,500min-1 (95/1/EC)
- Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorised with electronic advance
- Starter Electric
- Gearbox 6-speed
- Final Drive #530 O-ring sealed chain
Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height 2,210 x 780 x 1,220mm
- Wheelbase 1,495mm
- Seat Height 795mm (±15mm)
- Ground Clearance 135mm
- Fuel Capacity 20 litres
- Dry Weight 245kg (F: 120kg; R: 125kg)
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
- Wheels Front Hollow-section 6-spoke cast aluminium
- Wheels Rear Hollow-section 6-spoke cast aluminium
- Tyres Front 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
- Tyres Rear 160/60 ZR17M/C (69W)
- Suspension Front 41mm free valve-type telescopic fork and adjustable spring; 120mm stroke
- Suspension Rear Gas-charged HMAS damper and adjustable spring and rebound; 120mm axle stroke
- Brakes Front 296 x 4.5mm dual hydraulic disc with 2- piston calipers, floating rotors, sintered metal pads (3-piston calipers and Combined ABS
- Brakes Rear 240 x 5.0mm hydraulic disc with 1-piston caliper, sintered metal pads and Combined ABS