Speed2 TV Live & On-Demand Nationally
Speed TV Update
Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) recently announced that SPEED2, a one-of-a-kind broadband network featuring live and on-demand streaming motorsports events and enthusiast programming, has launch nationally for Time Warner Cable Sports Pass subscribers (formally known as Time Warner Cable Sports Tier) – at no additional charge – on August 29.
A complement to the offerings of the linear SPEED network, a FOX Sports property, SPEED2 allows motorsports enthusiasts to view racing content from any internet based connection (wired or wireless), at home or on the go.
Time Warner Cable Sports Pass subscribers will have online access to their favorite racing events from around the world starting with a live presentation of the popular FIA GT1 World Championships in Germany.
The race takes place on Sunday, August 29, at 9:00 a.m. E.T. and is being held at one of the world’s most famous tracks, Germany’s Nürburgring.
The FIA GT1 World Championship brings together six iconic brands – Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Maserati, Nissan – for a spectacular competition featuring 12 teams, 24 cars and 48 of the world’s leading drivers competing on ten of the world’s leading circuits.
For more information about the race, go to SPEED2.com. During September, SPEED2 will feature eight other live races, including the Continental Tire Challenge and four American Motorcyclist Association events. Other upcoming racing series on SPEED2 include:
* German Touring Car (DTM)
* World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
* Intercontinental Rally
* British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
* FIM Motocross World Championship (All-Terrain Motorcycle Racing)
* FIM Supermoto World Championship (Hybrid Road and Motorcross Racing)
* FIM Enduro World Championship (Long Distance Off-Road Motorcycle Racing)
* Nürburgring 24 (Touring Car Endurance Racing)
* Formula 2 (Open Wheel Formula Racing)
* F3 Euroseries (European Open Wheel Developmental Racing Series)
* VW Scirocco Cup (German Single-Make Racing Series)
* The Time Trial Xtreme Grand Prix (TTXGP)
Both standard and high-definition content will be provided on SPEED2, and the broadband network will also have access to an extensive programming library from SPEED’s 14 years on the air, including the popular series American Muscle Car, Behind the Headlights, Back in the Day with Dale Jr., and Victory by Design.
To access SPEED2, subscribers must register and log in at: www.speed2.com