Here’s a video highlighting "Kiehl’s Life Ride for AmFAR," which occurred Aug. 2 – 7.
The Kiehl’s LifeRide is a six-day charitable motorcycle ride up the coast of California. The riders, which included Jay Leno, Peter Fonda and William Macy, moved up the coast, from San Diego to the San Francisco Bay Area, with the group of celebrity riders making stops at Kiehl’s stores along the route to present donations-a total of $60,000 over the course of the ride–to amfAR.
Between the LifeRide and the proceeds from the Limited Edition product, Kiehl’s donated a total of $85,000 to amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
"Kiehl’s Life Ride for Amfar" video provides a good overview and montage of some of the people and places involved in the fundraising ride and the imperative and positive role of motorcycles.
Sponsors included Ateliers Ruby Helmets, BMW Motorrad, LVMH spirits, and Tom Ford Eyewear. Special stops included Jay Leno’s Garage (Burbank), Virgil Elings’ Vintage Motorcycle Collection (Solvang), and private track time on Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey).
Some of the participants and supporters included:
- William H. Macy, actor
- Peter Coyote, actor
- Peter Fonda, actor
- Jay Leno, comedian
- Tricia Helfer, model (Victoria’s Secret, Playboy) & actress (Battlestar Galactica, Dark Blue)
- Katee Sackhoff, actress (Battlestar Galactica, 24)
- Fred Durst, musician (Limp Bizkit)
- Josh Homme, musician (Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures)
- Plain White T’s (rock group)
- Ted Sears, actor (The Defender, Law & Order)
- Tim Kang, actor (The Mentalist)
- Cheyenne Jackson, actor (Glee, 30 Rock)
- Kristin Cavallari, actress (The Hills)
- Paul Cox, custom bike builder
- Shinya Kimura, custom bike builder