2011 Honda CRF250R | Preview
Honda CRF250R Preview
Honda didn’t have to look too far while designing its 2011 CRF250R. Since the same model has received numerous awards and won competitions in the past, Honda’s only mission was to tweak an already competitve motocross motorcycle.
For 2011, Honda improved the CRF250R engine, adding a stronger bottom-end and midrange. Honda also added a new Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) to aid tracking precision.
Bill Savino (Powersports Press Manager) says: “We’re proud to unveil our newest race bikes, the CRF450R and CRF250R motocrossers, plus a wide assortment of Honda off-road machines that have remained extremely popular with recreational riders over the years. With these models for 2011 and more to follow, this is certainly going to be a great year for riding enthusiasts.”
New for 2011
- New engine tuning produces added response and midrange power production.
- Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) features larger piston diameter (20mm to 24mm) for improved tracking traits.
- Revised fork valving offers improved balance and bottoming resistance.
- New shock valving helps deliver optimum chassis balance and improved suspension action.
- Redesigned muffler lowers sound emissions to 94 dB.
2011 CRF250R Specs:
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 76.8mm x 53.8mm
- Compression ratio: 13.2:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: PGM-FI, 50mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/49T
- Suspension Front: 48mm inverted Showa 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.5 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: Single 240mm disc
- Tires Front: Dunlop 742FA 80/100-21
- Rear: Dunlop D756 100/90-19
- Wheelbase: 58.6 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27° 12′
- Trail: 117mm (4.6 inches)
- Seat Height: 37.6 inches
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons
- Color: Red
- Curb Weight*: TBD
MSRP: $7,199. Available in Red beginning October 2010.Google+