A leader in the power-cruiser motorcycle category, the 2011 Suzuki Boulevard M109R offers the aggressive grunt of its 109ci engine combined with a trick suspension for crisp handling.
The fuel-injected motor is tuned to provide a wide torque curve, excellent for everyday motorcycling. And for 2011, the Boulevard M109R keeps its unique styling, based around flowing lines and final touches borrowed from Suzuki’s leading superbike, the GSX-R.
For 2011, Suzuki has also released the Boulevard M109R Limited Edition, which adds a sporty racing stripe, custom gauges and taillight, and a uniquely styled seat. Also, the M109R Limited Edition is offered in a new Glass Sparkle Black/Candy Max Orange finish.
2011 Cruiser Motorcycle:
- The Boulevard M109R is offered in a new Candy Indy Blue finish.
- The Boulevard M109R features a new instrument cluster with a digital tachometer and LED indicator light; a newly included gear position indicator; and it is now relocated from the handlebars to the top of the headlight cowl.
- A high-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush, smooth ride.
- Inverted front forks featuring race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes provide 5.12-inches of wheel travel.
- A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivers 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system.
- The Boulevard M109R front brake system includes radial mounted four-piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. The rear brake system includes a dual-piston caliper and 275mm rear disc.
- Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure 3.50 x 18 up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 rear. The rear wheel wears a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire-the largest ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle.
- The Boulevard M109R is equipped with a sleek and wide fuel tank with a 5.2-gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers; a comfortable low seat; and a stylish radiator cowl.
- The Boulevard M109R’s 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine is designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration.
- Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low- to mid-range throttle response.
- The Boulevard M109R features a massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke, utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods.
- Each engine bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight.
- A dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the Boulevard M109R’s powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
- The Boulevard M109R uses Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), which is a compact dry sump lubrication system that provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and a lower center of gravity.
- A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity.
- The 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-twin sound.
- The Boulevard M109R has a three piece, 9.5 liter volume airbox (with dual intakes), working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element.
2011 M109R Motorcycle Specifications:
- Overall Length: 2450 mm (96.5 in)
- Overall Width: 875 mm (34.4 in)
- Wheelbase: 1710 mm (67.3 in)
- Ground Clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in)
- Seat Height: 705 mm (27.8 in)
- Curb Weight: 347 kg (764 lbs)
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Fron: 130/70R18 M/C 63V tubeless
- Tires Rear: 240/40R18 M/C 79V tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 19.5 L (5.2 US gallons)
- Fuel Tank Capacity CA: 18.5 L (4.9 US gallons)
- Displacement: 1783cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, V-twin
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty