After Ryan Villopoto’s crash, Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey effectively claimed the 2010 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship at the Edward Jones Dome (Round 14 of 17) in St. Louis.
Pipeline Digital Media’s crews caught up with Jeremy McGrath at Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series’ race in Suprise, AZ the day after Ryan Dungey clinched the 2010 Supercross title in just his rookie year.
Jeremy McGrath (born November 19, 1971, San Francisco, California) was a Supercross racer and has won a record of 72 (250cc) Main Event wins and captured 7 (250cc) Championships between 1993 to 2000. Prior ro now, McGrath was the first and only rookie to win a Supercross Title back in 1993.
He is often referred to as "Showtime" or "The King" meaning, the King of Supercross. Jeremy now lives in Encinitas, California with his wife Kim and daughters Rhowan and Bergen.
Still active in Supercross, he is racing off-road trucks in the Pro 2WD division of the TORC Series and occasionally tries his hand at Stock Car racing.
Click video to hear from Jeremy about Ryan Dungey’s rookie season championship.
AMA Supercross Championship Point Standings (After St. Louis)
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 302 (2010 SX Champion)
2. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 266 (Crash & Injury: Out for Season)
3. Josh Hill, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha, 225 (Out of Points Reach)
4. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda, 223 (Out of Points Reach)
5. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 215 (Out of Points Reach)
The AMA Supercross teams now head to final 3 Supercross rounds: April 24 – Quest Field – Seattle, WA, May 1 – Rice-Eccles – Salt Lake City, UT and the grand finale on May 8 – Sam Boyd Stadium – Las Vegas, NV.