Jake Weimer tangles in SF Supercross Lites
Kawasaki’s Jake Weimer grabbed his fourth straight podium finishing runner-up at AT&T Park in San Francisco. After winning the first three races of the season, Weimer build a solid points cushion and with Saturday’s second place finish Weimer holds a 16 point lead in the championship standings.
Rain during the week meant the dirt inside the stadium was soft adding a level of difficulty to the track. Even though the weather on Saturday was clear, if a little chilly, there schedule was cut short giving Weimer only one timed practice session. During the ten minutes, Hansen posted the fastest lap while Weimer rode the fourth fastest lap.
In the first heat race, Weimer jumped out to the holeshot and checked out from the rest of the field winning by more than eight seconds.
In the main event, Jake Weimer was near the front stalking the leader. Weimer was making his move to get to the lead, when he landed on a tuff block just past the finish line. The miscue bent Weimer’s shift lever, but he was able to keep pace and hold on for second place.
Jake Weimer Speaks…
“Getting a perfect season wasn’t one of my personal goals,” said Weimer. “We had some conversations, but nothing serious. It would have been cool if it would have happened, but that’s not why I’m bummed. The only reason I’m bummed is I hate losing and I didn’t win tonight.”
2010 Western Regional Supercross Lites Results: San Francisco
1) Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
2) Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki
3) Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha
4) Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda
5) Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda
6) Travis Baker, Temecula, Calif., Honda
7) Josh Hansen, Elbert, Colo., Kawasaki
8) Max Antsie, Hemet, Calif., Yamaha
9) Jeff Alessi, Apple Valley, Calif., Yamaha
10) Phillip Nicoletti, Bethel, N.Y., KTM
2010 Western Regional Supercross Lites Standings
1) Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki, 97
2) Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 81
3) Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda, 74
4) Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha, 62
5) Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Honda, 59
6) Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda, 54
7) Josh Hansen, Elbert, Colo., Kawasaki, 46
8) Max Anstie, Hemet, Calif., Yamaha, 45
9) Ryan Morais, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 42
10) Jeff Alessi, Apple Valley, Calif., Yamaha, 40
The Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team now is looking ahead to going to Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego for Round 5 with Weimer working to get back on the top step of the podium. Check back here at Ultimate Motorcycling for all the latest racing news.