Skip Barber Announces KTM Superbike School
Skip Barber Superbike School Powered by KTM Announces Dates and Pricing.
Skip Barber Racing School, LLC today announced details of its all-new Skip Barber Superbike School Powered by KTM, including curriculum, pricing and an initial schedule.
The Two Day Superbike School is designed to take the enthusiast rider and improve their overall riding skills, their bike control, and their ability to handle a variety of bikes. Using the 690 Duke, 990 Super Duke, and 1190 RC8 models from KTM, the Skip Barber Superbike School instructors will guide students through a variety of exercises on track at the famed Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, home of the MotoGP U.S. Grand Prix. The school will be led by Chief Instructor Jeff Haney, the long-time rider coach and racer, whose students are among the who’s who of national and international road racing.
- Alternating classroom sessions on and off track plus on-track riding sessions teach a systematic way to ride any motorcycle safely, accurately, and predictably – all of which are required if the goal also happens to be speed.
- A series of regimented exercises and drills teaches you how to remain in control at all times, including effective braking and throttle management in all situations including at full lean angle.
- Learn from best-in-class instructors how a motorcycle steers based on riding position and control inputs and how to control the rake and trail for available traction – the foundations for efficiently controlling any motorcycle.
- Learning how to choose a line and approach a corner, an important track skill that can be used every day on the street.
- Video lap reviews and critiques with on-bike cameras provide concrete feedback and help visualize a rider’s progress
- KTM 1190 RC8
- KTM 990 Super Duke
- KTM 690 Duke
- The Two Day Superbike School is $2,599. Rider damage liability reduction insurance is available. Riding leathers, boots, gloves and helmet may be rented for an additional cost.
- May 28-29
- June 10-11
- July 7-8 (following MotoGP USGP)
- August 5-6
- August 24-25
- September 14-15
- September 23-24
- October 12-13
- October 26-27
- November 22-23
- December 14-15
- December 21-22
All dates at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Future locations to be announced.