Retro Custom, Factory Production.
Released in 2008, the new Softail Cross Bones almost makes the clock stand still. The bike’s profile is that of an authentic custom bobber, a stripped-down-and-chopped custom with raw finishes. The gloss black springer front end, round air cleaner cover, sprung solo seat, half-moon rider footboards and chopped front fender follows post-war styling cues. The adjustable two-position gold panners-style saddle stands at 26.6 inches. And the mini ape hanger handlebars finishes the look.
A blacked-out oil tank features a new Willie G.-autographed skull graphic. Chrome straight pipe exhaust with and slash-cut mufflers contrasts nicely with the dark frame and powertrain. Harley-Davidson’s move toward edgier factory customs seems to be continueing with its new Softail Cross Bones. A true retro-styled bobber that takes design ideas introduced by the Nightster and Street Bob a step farther into the custom realm, which Harley describes as the "Dark Custom".
2009 Softail Cross Bones Features:
- Rigid-mount, 1584 cc Twin Cam 96B balanced engine
- 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission
- Black powder-coated engine with polished covers and pushrods and untreated fins
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- New Gloss Black round air cleaner cover
- Gloss Black painted Springer front end with chrome springs
- Gloss Black mini ape-hanger handlebar
- Gloss Black cat-eye tank console with new speedometer face
- Gloss Black oil tank and rear fender supports
- New Willie G. signed horseshoe oil tank skull graphic
- Straight shot exhaust with chrome slash-cut mufflers
- Adjustable sprung solo seat with leather lacing
- 26.6-inch seat height
- Chopped front fender with pinstriping
- Bobtail rear fender with pinstriping
- Distinctive five-gallon fuel tank with hand-laced leather tank panel and pinstriping
- 200 mm rear tire
- Laced Steel front and rear wheels with Gloss Black painted rims
- Half moon old-school foot boards
- Optional Smart Security System