2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R First Look: Upgraded!Acceleration and braking get bumps up on the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R. New sticker tires come with revisions to the braking system.Additionally, there are now two positions available for the swingarm pivot. Let’s take a quick look at what’s new on the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R superbike.
- The 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R is now shod with Bridgestone’s new Racing Street RS11 tires. Gone are the RS10 tires. They’re replaced by track-ready RS11 rubber. These are new tires from Bridgestone that are also found on Kawasaki’s 2019 Ninja H2 models.
- The Brembo T-drive brake rotors have a new attachment system. The 320mm floating discs the standard floating rotor spools, of course. However, now the system also features new T-drive fasteners. According to Suzuki, these fasteners allow the rotor to absorb additional braking energy for improved deceleration.
- To further enhance braking efficiency, the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R has stainless-steel braided front brake lines. This, certainly, is long overdue.
- The swingarm pivot is now adjustable. Suzuki has a positioning for the street, and a different one for track riding. Suzuki politely requests, “Please use the standard position for street riding.”
- There are also new color choices for the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R. You can still get the cool Team Suzuki Ecstar graphics, along with Glass Sparkle Black/Pearl Mira Red. Last year’s Pearl Glacier White and Metallic Mat Black No. 2 versions are no longer available.
2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R SpecsMOTOR
- Engine: Inline-4
- Displacement: 1000cc
- Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 55.1mm
- Maximum power: 199 horsepower
- Maximum torque: 87 ft/lbs
- Compression ratio: 13.2:1
- Valve train: DOHC, 16-valve; variable timing
- Fueling: Ride-by-wire throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Titanium
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh w/ quickshift
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate slip-and-assist
- Final drive: 525 chain
- Frame: Aluminum twin-spar
- Swingarm: Two-position pivot
- Front suspension: Showa Balance Free Fork
- Rear suspension: Showa Balance Free Rear Cushion
- Front tire: 120/70-17; Bridgestone Racing Street RS11
- Rear tire: 190/55-17; Bridgestone Racing Street RS11
- Front brakes: Brembo T-drive 320mm floating discs w/ Brembo Monoblock four-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm disc w/ single-piston Nissin caliper
- ABS: Standard
Rake: 23.2 degrees
Trail: 3.7 inches
Seat height: 32.5 inches
Fuel capacity: 4.2 gallon
Curb weight: 448 pounds
2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R COLORS
- Team Suzuki Ecstar
- Glass Sparkle Black/Pearl Mira Red
2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000R Price:
- MSRP TBA