2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR 6 Fast Facts |
Ready For Rea and Sykes
With the introduction of the 2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR, Kawasaki is getting very serious about providing a street-going superbike for riders who do more track days than canyon blitzing. Let’s look at what Kawasaki did to turn the Ninja ZX-10R into the ZX-10RR.
1. The 2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR’s motor is designed for high performance modifications. While the only power enhancement is the DLC treatment on the valve tappets, the ZX-10RR powerplant has room for higher-lift cams. Also, the crankcase is reinforced and the cooling system upgraded.
2. The gearbox ratios are track-focused. The Ninja ZX10-RR’s cassette-type transmission is close-ratio, with second through sixth gears shortened to enhance corner exit speed.
3. Changing gears happens faster than ever. The ZX-10RR has clutchless downshifting to go along with the usual clutch-free upshifts.
4. Handling is upgraded via new wheels and tires. The Ninja ZX-10RR runs forged aluminum seven-spoke Marchesini wheels, with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP rubber.
5. There will be no passengers on the 2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR. This racebike has an appropriate solo seat, with an aerodynamic cover where the passenger perch is on the standard 10R.
6. There’s not a lot of sticker shock on the Ninja ZX-10RR. It runs $18,899, just $2800 more than the Ninja ZX-10R ABS.
With the new rules in World Superbike that requires the race bikes be closer to what is on the showroom floor, we’re seeing quite a few upgraded track-ready bikes available to the public—we love it!
2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR Specs
- Type: DOHC inline-4
- Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
- Displacement: 998 cc
- Compression Ratio 13.0:1
- Maximum torque: 85 lb.-ft @ 11,500 rpm
- Fueling: Four Mikuni 47mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final drive: Sealed chain
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable inverted 43mm forks; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable shock w/ dual-stage compression damping; 4.5 inches of travel
- Front brake: Semi-floating 330mm discs w/ Brembo M50 Monoblock 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm disc
- ABS: Standard
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR17; Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear tire: 190/55 ZR17; Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 56.7 inches
- Rake: 25 degrees
- Trail: 4.2 inches
- Seat Height: 32.9 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Curb weight: 454 pounds
2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR Price: $18,899 MSRP
2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RR Gallery