HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet |
10 Essential Facts
While HJC is often thought of as a budget brand of motorcycle helmets, in the last few years the Korean company has expanded into the high-end market with helmets worn by GP racers such as Jorge Navarro, Julian Simon, and Mika Kallio. Previously, Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies have worn HJC helmets in competition. The new HJC RPHA 11 Pro is the next step in the upward evolution of the HJC helmet technology.
- The HJC RPHA 11 Pro is the flagship helmet of the HJC Helmets brand. HJC offers many flavors of the premium RPHA line (on- and off-road), with the new RPHA 11 Pro sitting at the top of the HJC food chain. It’s an all-new helmet, and not an update of the RPHA 10 Pro.
The new shell has high-performance riding in mind. Aerodynamics have been improved via a new shell shape and a new spoiler. Additionally, the eyeport is raised five millimeters to give you an improved view ahead when you’ve got your head down.
- Weight has been reduced. HJC hasn’t announced the weight of the helmet yet, but they do claim it “is one of the lightest, if not the lightest helmet in its premium class.” The shell is a combination of carbon fiber, Aramid, and fiberglass—HJC calls it Advanced PIM Plus construction, with PIM short for Premium Integrated Matrix.
- Improved venting makes the helmet more environmentally adaptable. An adjustable forehead vent has been added, along with two new rear exhaust vents. Additionally, the two mouth vents have been redesigned. The RPHA 11 Pro uses HJC’s Multi-Cool Interior padding.
- There’s a new faceshield. In addition to a new anti-fog insert, HJC also has multi-point locking to keep the faceshield secure.
Safety enhancements are designed for street use. There are rear neck reflectors for night riding, plus emergency quick release pads, which are necessary in a worse case scenario.
- Style-conscious riders will have lots of choices. There are four solid choices, five graphics options, plus Spider-man and Venom graphics, courtesy of Marvel.
- Prices for the RPHA 11 Pro start at a penny under $400.
- HJC offers the helmet in sizes ranging from XS to 2XL.
- The HJC RPHA 11 Pro is DOT and ECE approved, and has a five-year warranty.
Location photography by Ryne Swanberg
HJC RPHA 11 Pro Gallery