2016 Ural Sahara Gear-Up 2WD Sidecar Motorcycle – Photo Gallery
The new 2016 Ural Sahara Gear-Up 2WD sidecar motorcycle takes the off-road capability of the unique Russian machine to a whole new level.
- The 2016 Ural Sahara Gear-Up 2WD is based on the standard Sahara. That means you get on-demand two-wheel drive, spare tire, luggage rack, 2.3 cubic feet of trunk space, reverse gear, and other features, and adds many popular features for off-road adventures.
- The Gear-Up gets many of the features off-roaders add to make the Ural ready for the dirt. Outfitted with a black jerry can, utility shove, toolbox gas tank, tool kit, bumpers, sidecar spotlight and black Cordura tonneau cover for the sidecar, the 2016 Ural Sahara Gear-Up (price: $17,999) is ready to take on surprisingly difficult challenges, and take two along for the ride if you like without worrying about keeping your balance.
- There is also an Upgraded Off-Road Package for the hardest core adventure Ural riders. For an additional $1999, Ural offers an Upgraded Off-Road Package that includes a Givi windshield, LED headlight and sidecar fog lights (with rock guards), various additional racks, enduro bench seat, hand guards, reverse foot pedal, and a 12-volt adapter.
- Even with the Ural Sahara Gear Up and Upgraded Off-Road Package, there’s still more to add. Ural also offers a $1499 black ceramic-coated exhaust, as well as Heidenau K37 mud tires. There are also mounting points for a Warn ProVantage 2500-s winch, which is essential for crossing Siberia after the spring thaw.
Engine and Transmission
- Displacement: 749cc
- Engine type: OHV air-cooled flat twin
- Valves per cylinder: 2
- Bore x stroke: 78 x 78mm
- Maximum power: 41 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 42 ft/lbs @ 4300 rpm
- Compression: 8.6:1
- Fueling system: Throttle body EFI
- Fuel grade: 91 octane unleaded
- Starting: Electric and kickstart
- Clutch: Double-disc dry manual
- Speeds: 4 forward 1 reverse
- Final drive: Driveshaft
- Sidecar wheel drive: On demand w/ driveshaft
- Front suspension: IMZ leading link fork
- Rear suspension: Double sided swing-arm w/ two Sachs shocks, spring-preload adjustable
- Sidecar suspension: Single sided swing-arm w/ Sachs shock, spring-preload adjustable
- Front brake: 4-piston fixed Brembo caliper w/ 295mm floating NG rotor
- Rear brake: HB big bore single piston integrated floating caliper w/ 256mm fixed NG rotor
- Sidecar brake: 2-piston fixed Brembo caliper w/ 245mm floating NG rotor
- Wheels: 2.5 x 19” Aluminum rims with steel spokes
- Tires: Duro HF-308; 4.0 ×19″
Dimensions and Capacities
- L x H x W: 98.8 x 54.3 x 63.6 inches
- Seat height, (unladen): 32.0 inches
- Ground clearance (unladen): 6.8 inches
- Trunk volume: 2.9 cubic feet
- Recommended max cruising speed, mph: 70
- Estimated range: Up to 185 miles
- Estimated fuel economy: Up to 37 mpg
- Fuel tank capacity: 5.0 gallons w/ one-gallon reserve
- Fuel grade: 91 Octane, unleaded
- Dry weight: 730 pounds
- Warranty: Two-years parts and labor unlimited mileage
For additional information, visit Ural Motorcycles.