2016 KTM RC 390
Born of KTM’s championship-winning Moto3 effort, the RC 390 is a track-ready full-on sport bike that is also road-going. WP suspension, 43 horsepower and aggressive chassis geometry means that the RC 390 will be filled to the brim with potential.
KTM is sponsoring a MotoAmerica spec-racing series—the RC Cup—that will launch a new generation of young American road racers toward the MotoGP series.
For everyone else, the RC 390 will be a sportbike that you can ride aggressively on the street without worrying about getting into huge amounts of trouble with the vehicle code.
Read about the KTM RC 390.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 KTM RC 390 Specs:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled DOHC single
- Displacement: 373cc
- Bore x stroke: 89 x 60mm
- Maximum power: 44 hp @ 9500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 26 ft/lbs @ 7250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Muffler: Stainless steel
- Fuel system: Bosch EFI w/ 46mm throttle body
- Lubrication: Semi-dry dump
- Engine oil: Motorex Formula 4T
- Engine management: Bosch EMS
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4″
- Battery: 12V, 8Ah
- Frame: Powdercoated steel trellis
- Handlebars: Steel clip-on
- Front suspension: 43mm inverted WP forks; 4.9 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: WP shock; 5.9 inches of travel
- Front: 300mm disc w/ radially mounted Brembo 4-piston caliper
- Rear: 230mm disc w/ Brembo 2-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Bosch 9MB Two Channel
- Front: Cast aluminum, 3.00 x 17″
- Rear: Cast aluminum, 4.00 x 18”
- Front: Pirelli 110/70 ZR 17
- Rear: Pirelli 150/60 ZR 17
- Rake: 23.5 degrees
- Trail: 3.5 inches
- Wheelbase: 52.8 inches
- Ground clearance: 7.0 inches
- Seat height: 32.3 inches
- Tank capacity: 2.6 gallons
- Dry weight: 324 pounds
2016 KTM RC 390 MSRP: