2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
The Harley-Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two is designed to be evocative of the chopper era of the early 1970s. All of the visual clues are there, including a 2.1-gallon Peanut tank, mini-ape handlebars, a 21-inch front hoop (16 in the rear), lace wheels, whitewall Dunlops, and a healthy dose of chrome.
Despite its radical look, the rake is a reasonable 32.1 degrees and the wheelbase is manageable at just under 61 inches. Emulsion shocks are added this year, and cartridge forks are also new. Longer riders are more accessible, as the seat has been improved. Hard Candy Custom paint is available as an option on the Harley 72, as is ABS and Harley-Davidson’s Smart Security System.
Read our Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two Specs:
- Engine: Evolution V-twin
- Displacement: 73.4 cubic inches (1202cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, narrow whitewall D402F; MH90-21 54H
- Rear tire: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, narrow whitewall D401; 150/80B16 71H
- Wheels: Laced steel
- Right lean angle: 28.6 degrees
- Left lean angle: 29.8 degrees
- Length: 89.6 inches
- Seat height (laden): 26.9 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 28.5 inches
- Ground clearance: 5.2 inches
- Fork angle: 32.1 degrees
- Trail: 5.3 inches
- Wheelbase: 59.3 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 546 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 2.1 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two Price:
- MSRP From $11,099