2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
New suspension leads the way in the changes for the Iron 883, Harley-Davidson’s bobber in the Sportster line. The new shocks use emulsion technology and have a wider range of preload adjustability, while the forks use cartridge damping to improve the action of this sporty cruiser.
In addition to new paint and graphics, as well as less chrome, the Iron 883 also gets 9-spoke cast aluminum wheels (shod with Michelin Scorcher 31 tires) as part of an overall blacked out treatment. A tuck-and-roll seat means more comfort for all-night rides through cityscapes. ABS is an option.
Visit our 2016 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 Specs:
- Engine: Evolution V-twin
- Displacement: 53.9 cubic inches (883cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 100/90B19 57H
- Rear tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 150/80B16 77H
- Wheels: Cast aluminum
- Right lean angle: 29 degrees
- Left lean angle: 30 degrees
- Length: 85.8 inches
- Seat height (laden): 25.7 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 28.9 inches
- Ground clearance: 4.3 inches
- Fork angle: 30 degrees
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 59.6 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 540 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 3.3 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 Price:
- MSRP from $8499