Suzuki Recalls 68,000 Motorcycles
Suzuki has announced that it will be recalling more than 68,000 motorcycles in the U.S. due to a problem with the battery charging system that can cause the bikes to stall.
The motorcycle recall affects 15 models from the 2008 to 2012 model years:
- 2008 to 2012 AN400, AN400A, DL1000V-Strom and GSX1300R
- 2008 to 2009 GSF1250S and GSF1250SA
- 2008 GSX1300BK and GSX1300BKA
- 2008 to 2010 GSX650F, GSX-R600, GSX-R750, VLR1800, and VLR1800T
- 2009 to 2010 SFV650 and VZ1500
Suzuki says in documents posted Thursday by U.S. safety regulators that the problem was traced to a circuit board in the charging system. So far, only one US based customer has filed a complaint, but more than 200 complaints were received from customers globally.
Authorized Suzuki dealers are being instructed to replace the charging system’s regulator-rectifier to fix the problem. Suzuki will notify owners and begin the recall repairs in early March at no cost to owners.