2016 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Powered by an exhilarating 847cc motor that taps the Crossplane Crankshaft Concept technology from MotoGP, the 2016 Yamaha FZ-09 is as much fun to ride in the canyons as it is through the urban jungle.
The power deliver is highly linear, while the motor itself is physically narrow. Weighing in at 414 pounds wet, the FZ-09 is agile in all riding situations. Although the 41mm inverted forks are not adjustable, and the linkage shock can only be adjusted for spring preload and rebound damping, the factory settings will be satisfactory for a wide number of street riders.
Read our Yamaha FZ-09 Review.
Read our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Yamaha FZ-09 Specs:
- Engine: 847cc liquid-cooled inline 3-cylinder, DOHC; 12 valves
- Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 59.1mm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Front suspension: 41mm fork, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.4-in travel
- Rear suspension: Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs, 298mm; ABS
- Rear brake: Hydraulic disc, 245mm; ABS
- Front tire: 120/70ZR17
- Rear tire: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 85.1 x 32.1 x 44.7 inches
- Seat Height 32.1 inches
- Wheelbase: 56.7 inches
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 3.9 inches
- Ground Clearance 5.3 inches
- Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons
- EPA Fuel Economy: 44 mpg
- Wet weight: 414 pounds
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2016 Yamaha FZ-08 Colors:
- Matte Silver
2016 Yamaha FZ-09 Price:
- MSRP, $8,190