2016 San Diego 250SX Results – Supercross
Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Cooper Webb grabbed his second win of the 250 West Region series at round two of the Monster Energy Supercross Championship at Petco Park in San Diego, Calif.
The reigning champion had his work cut out for him after an eight-place start. He made moves in the opening laps of the race passing a slew of riders and finally Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Zach Osborne for the lead on lap 11. He rode the remaining four laps flawlessly to take the victory.
Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy grabbed a fourth place start and battled with the likes of GEICO Honda’s Jordon Smith and Webb. He would finish in second place behind Webb, a dramatic improvement over his eighth place finish from last weekend at Anaheim 1.
GEICO Honda’s Jordon Smith rocketed out of the gate grabbing the SupercrossLive.com Holeshot Award and led five laps before being passed by Webb and Savatgy, leaving him in third place for the night. Smith’s podium finish marked the first of his career and a career best finish as well.
GEICO Honda’s Christian Craig set the fastest lap in the first timed qualifying sessions during the first morning practice, but did not fair as well in the main event. He was only able to improve one position from his fifth place start, ending up in fourth place at the end of the 15 lap main event.
CycleTrader/Rock River/Yamaha’s Colt Nichols finished second in his heat race early on in the night and transferred that speed over to the main rounding out the top five in fifth place position on his Yamaha YZ250F.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna’s Zach Osborne looked poised to take his first win of the season up until being passed by Webb on lap 11. He remained within striking distance of Webb until crashing shortly after. He remounted his Husqvarna FC250 to take sixth place for the night.
Ride365.com Honda’s Kyle Peters, GEICO Honda’s Jimmy Decotis, Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki’s Kyle Cunningham, and Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Chris Alldredge rounded out the top ten, respectively.
Photography by Simon Cudby
2016 San Diego 250SX Results – Round 2:
- Cooper Webb – Yamaha YZ250F
- Joey Savatgy – Kawasaki KX250F
- Jordon Smith – Honda CRF250R
- Christian Craig – Honda CRF250R
- Colt Nichols – Yamaha YZ250F
- Zach Osborne – Husqvarna FC250
- Kyle Peters – Honda CRF250R
- Jimmy Decotis – Honda CRF250R
- Kyle Cunningham – Suzuki RM-Z250
- Chris Alldredge – Kawasaki KX250F
- Alex Martin – Yamaha YZ250F
- Cole Thompson – KTM 250SX-F
- Michael Leib – Yamaha YZ250F
- Trevor Reis – Yamaha YZ250F
- Mitchell Oldenburg – KTM 250SX-F
- Cole Martinez – Yamaha YZ250F
- Chris Howell – Husqvarna FC250
- Zach Commans – KTM 250SX-F
- Scott Champion – Yamaha YZ250F
- Bracken Hall – Honda CRF250R
- Hayden Mellross– Yamaha YZ250F
- Mitchell Harrison– Yamaha YZ250F