2016 Harley-Davidson Street 500 | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Harley-Davidson takes aim at newer riders with the Street XG500. The smallest-displacement Harley in decades, the Street 500 weighs less than 500 pounds and has an enticingly low seat height.
Although it’s a budget bike, it has Mikuni EFI, a six-speed transmission, a liquid-cooled SOHC motor, and café racer styling that recalls the legendary XLCR 1000.
Michelin Scorcher 11 tires are mounted on the 15-inch rear and 17-inch front rims. The 2016 model year brings improved brakes, ergonomics, and detail work.
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 500 Specs:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, Revolution X V-Twin
- Displacement: 30-cubic-inches (494 cc)
- Fuel system: Mikuni Single Port Fuel Injection, 35 mm bore
- Front tire: Michelin Scorcher “11F” Bias 100/80 R17
- Rear tire: Michelin Scorcher “11” Radial 140/75 R15
- Wheels: Black, 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Lean angle: 28.5°
- Length: 87.6 inches
- Seat height (laden): 25.7 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 28 inches
- Ground clearance: 5.7 inches
- Rake: 32°
- Trail: 4.5 inches
- Wheelbase: 60.4 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 455 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 3.5 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 500 Price:
- MSRP From $6849