Harley-Davidson Softail Lowering Kit – Slamtail
Slamtail – an Australian company run by Ken Rutherford – has released a new lowering kit for Harley-Davidson Softail models that offers that “slammed down” look.The Slamtail was designed to reuse the OEM spring and shock units and maintain the stock ride quality. The Slamtail uses hydraulically powered rams to raise and lower the bikes rear suspension.
A simple remote key fob moves the bike from the stock ride height to slammed down in a matter of seconds and actually standing by the bike and watching it go through the travel looks impressive to say the least.The whole Slamtail system is neatly packaged under the bike and is protected from the elements and road grim by a zinc plated powder coated steel plate.Every part of this lowering kit is made from high quality aerospace spec steel and aluminum alloys. In addition the rear wheel and gas tank do not have to be removed for installation and it is virtually invisible when installed. The Slamtail will fit all Twin Cam Powered Softails.Harley-Davidson Slamtail Features:
- High quality
- Unique design
- Hydraulic operation
- Easy to fit, can be removed and re-installed on another bike, revert to original.
- Uses the OEM spring and shock unit, better value
- Retains the OEM ride quality at any height.
- Never leaks, designed by former Formula 1 Design Engineer
- Remote control and backup on-board toggle switch
- Quiet linear operation, raising or lowering, stop the bike at ANY HEIGHT, and ride, or park.
- Virtually invisible from the outside, integrates with the Softail look!
To contact Slamtail email Ken Rutherford at Ken@Slamtail.com or check them out at www.Slamtail.com
(dealers and distributors wanted).