2016 Honda Montesa Cota 300RR Trials Motorcycle Preview
Honda has once again expanded on its Montesa trials motorcycle lineup, releasing the limited-edition Cota 300RR.
The 2016 Cota 300RR – released as factory Honda’s Toni Bou’s is crushing the Trials competition once again – joins the recently improved Cota 4RT260, which is also only available in limited quantities. But buyers must be quick; the Cota 300RR is a limited-edition bike manufactured entirely at the Honda-owned Montesa factory in Barcelona, Spain. Honda did not report how many would be available.
“We’re excited to expand our trials lineup by bringing the brand-new Montesa Cota 300RR to American customers,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda.
“Montesa’s Honda-powered four-stroke Cota models have long ruled both the outdoor and indoor World Trials Championships, and this light, powerful, agile new motorcycle is already enjoying success in international competition. With the Cota 300RR, riders will be ready to tackle the most challenging sections.”
The Cota 300RR has many advantages over the Cota 4RT260. First, the 288cc engine was redesigned with a longer stroke and larger bore for increased power and torque across the rpm range.
The Cota 300RR’s ECU is also programmable for varying weather and terrain conditions. Honda also used many lightweight components such as an aluminum fork and titanium header pipe to shed four pounds.
Standard equipment on the 2016 Honda Montesa Cota 300RR is a front brake with a four-piston monoblock caliper, and wheels with aluminum D.I.D rims and black-anodized aluminum hubs.
The Montesa 300RR will only be available in red for a price of $9,999.
2016 Honda Montesa Cota 300RR Ordering Process:
• Orders for the Montesa Cota 300RR may be placed beginning July 1. (Orders for the Montesa Cota 4RT260 are already open.)
• Once ordering is open, customers may request a quote online by clicking “Get Yours Now” at powersports.honda.com/trials.aspx
• Customers then enter personal information, select a dealer and submit a request.
• Orders for the Montesa Cota 4RT260 will ship in two rounds: October 2015 and
• Orders for the Montesa Cota 300RR will ship December 2015.
2016 Honda Montesa Cota 300RR Trials Motorcycle Photo Gallery