2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABSDuring Intermot 2014, Suzuki announced that it had revamped its Bandit, introducing the 2015 Bandit 1250S ABS. With more useable power, a refined half-fairing, height-adjustable seat, and ABS, the Bandit 1250S had Suzuki sport-touring fans raving.Unfortunately, the revamped Bandit didn’t reach American shores – not as a 2015 model, anyway. But the Bandit makes its official return to the states for 2016, the 1250S ABS model expected to hit dealers in late July/early August for an MSRP of just under $10K.
- 1255cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine uses dual overhead cams and delivers extra-smooth acceleration.
- The 6-speed transmission has carefully selected gear ratios for strong acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- A maintenance-free secondary balancer shaft produces smooth engine operation.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV)-equipped fuel injection brings better response feel, smoother power output, and reduced emissions.
- Cylinder bores are finished with long-wearing Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM), just like the GSX-R sportbikes, for excellent heat transfer.
- A chrome-nitride coating, applied to each piston’s upper compression and oil control rings using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) vacuum chamber system, is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, resulting in reduced friction and precise cylinder sealing.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler augments the aluminum radiator to help keep the engine running cool.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- The Bandit’s classic tube-frame chassis is engineered to provide excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber are both spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm-disc dual front brakes with 4-piston calipers. The rear brakes use a 240mm disc with single-piston caliper.
- Seat height can easily be adjusted up or down 20mm (0.5 in.).
- Convenient center stand is standard equipment.
- The sleek half-fairing has an integrated multi-reflector headlight and an effective windscreen. Just below that screen, an analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, plus an LCD fuel gauge, clock, and indicator lights provide easy-to-read information.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS Photo Gallery