2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABSDuring Intermot 2014, Suzuki announced that it had revamped its Bandit, introducing the 2015 Bandit 1250S ABS. With more useable power, a refined half-fairing, height-adjustable seat, and ABS, the Bandit 1250S had Suzuki sport-touring fans raving.Unfortunately, the revamped Bandit didn’t reach American shores – not as a 2015 model, anyway. But the Bandit makes its official return to the states for 2016, the 1250S ABS model expected to hit dealers in late July/early August for an MSRP of just under $10K.
Powered by a 1255cc liquid-cooled engine that’s tuned for torque in the lower- and mid-rpm ranges, the revised Bandit 1250S ABS’ powerplant offers more in-town usability. But Suzuki also re-tuned the top end for highway cruising, the 1250cc engine now featuring a longer curve of high-rpm power. This combination of power is mated to a six-speed transmission with gear ratios that match the engine’s broad character, helping to create a viable sport tourer – one that also won’t disappoint in urban situations.Speaking of the bike, Suzuki says the Bandit’s state-of-the-art Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) technology, a digital closed-loop fuel-injection system, gives superb throttle response feel, extra-smooth power delivery, improved mileage and reduced emissions. Suzuki’s proven Pulsed-AIR (PAIR) system injects fresh air from the airbox into the exhaust ports, igniting unburned hydrocarbons and reducing carbon monoxide emissions. A catalyzer, built into the high-volume exhaust silencer, further cuts down on hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions.The Bandit 1250S ABS’ chassis – designed with balanced rigidity in mind – features a single-rear shock with a progressive, rising-rate link system. The rear shock has adjustable rebound damping and spring preload. Up front, the Bandit 1250S arrives with 43mm forks. Stopping the Bandit 1250S are dual 310mm front discs squeezed by four-piston calipers, and out back a single 240mm disc squeezed by a single-piston caliper. All models arrive with Suzuki’s Digital ABS, which monitors speed and matches stopping power based on available traction.The 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS was designed with a more aeroydymaic half-fairing that adds extra wind protection over the previous GSF1250FA. To further provide comfort for rider and passenger, a fairing vent below the headlight prevents buffeting.Another comfort enhancer is seat adjustment; the Bandit 1250S’ seat can be raised or lower a half inch by a simple change of mounting spacer positions.The 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS will be available in Red or Black for a suggested retail price of $9,899.2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS Key Features:
- 1255cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine uses dual overhead cams and delivers extra-smooth acceleration.
- The 6-speed transmission has carefully selected gear ratios for strong acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- A maintenance-free secondary balancer shaft produces smooth engine operation.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV)-equipped fuel injection brings better response feel, smoother power output, and reduced emissions.
- Cylinder bores are finished with long-wearing Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM), just like the GSX-R sportbikes, for excellent heat transfer.
- A chrome-nitride coating, applied to each piston’s upper compression and oil control rings using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) vacuum chamber system, is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, resulting in reduced friction and precise cylinder sealing.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler augments the aluminum radiator to help keep the engine running cool.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- The Bandit’s classic tube-frame chassis is engineered to provide excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber are both spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm-disc dual front brakes with 4-piston calipers. The rear brakes use a 240mm disc with single-piston caliper.
- Seat height can easily be adjusted up or down 20mm (0.5 in.).
- Convenient center stand is standard equipment.
- The sleek half-fairing has an integrated multi-reflector headlight and an effective windscreen. Just below that screen, an analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, plus an LCD fuel gauge, clock, and indicator lights provide easy-to-read information.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS Photo Gallery