With all the wild bikes coming from Kawasaki getting many of the headlines, the 2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS is flying in under the radar with a nice set of improvements.
• The ABS settings have been changed, resulting in a reduction of the linked braking effect. This update includes new brake master cylinders.
• The 2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS gets a new, larger electrically adjustable windshield with a three-position vent. Turbulence getting through to the rider is reduced.
• The new seat has a shape that is designed for increased comfort. An optional Touring Seat will also be available.
• Kawasaki has stiffened up the 2015 Concours 14 ABS’s rear suspension to give make the bike more controllable, as well as capable of carrying more cargo. The remote preload adjuster requires no tools.
• The passenger footpegs are cushioned.
• To keep heat away from the rider at stops, there is a new heat shield on the exhaust from the 1352cc motor.
• The tire pressure sensors now warn of tire deflation.
• First gear on the 2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS has been lowered. This has been done to make it easier to take-off from a stop, as well as handle the bike in low-speed conditions.
• The steering stem seal has been replaced with one that allows for lighter low-speed steering.
• There is a tank pad to protect the paint from scratches.
• Only a cosmetic change, the 2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS’s instrument panel now has silver bezels
Otherwise, it’s the same Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS we have loved in the future. Curiously, cruise control did not make the list of changes, and it’s an addition we would welcome on the big high-speed tourer.
Specifications: 2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four with VVT
Bore x Stroke: 84 x 61 mm
Compression Ratio: 10.7: 1
Fuel System: DFI with four 40mm throttle bodies
Cooling System: Liquid
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Final Drive: Tetra-Lever shaft drive
Frame Type: Monocoque Aluminum
Rake/Trail: 26 degrees / 4.4 inches
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 43mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload / 4.4 inches
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster / 5.4 inches
Tire, Front: 120/70 ZR17
Tire, Rear: 190/50 ZR17
Brakes, Front: Dual floating 310mm petal-style rotors with four-piston calipers, ABS
Brakes, Rear: Single 270mm petal-style rotor, two-piston caliper and ABS
Overall Length: 87.8 inches
Overall Width: 39.4 inches
Overall Height (windshield down/up): 52.9 inches / 57.7 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.9 inches
Seat Height: 32.1 inches
Curb Weight: 690 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 5.8 gallons
Wheelbase: 59.8 inches
Color Choices: Candy Lime Green, Metallic Spark Black
Warranty: 36 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus (optional): 12, 24, or 36 months
2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 MSRP: $15,499