2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Low Models
Since first arriving with its fork-mounted “batwing” fairing in 1969, Harley-Davidson’s Electra Glide has garnered much popularity among the touring crowd.
Throughout the years, The Motor Company has built upon this touring reputation, the Electra Glide eventually morphed into two options – the Ultra Limited and the Electra Glide Ultra Classic.
Set up for long-distance touring and comfort, the motorcycles are naturally tall and a bit bulky, catering to riders over 5’8” tall. This left shorter riders with some ergo issues.
But that changed for 2015 with the introduction of the Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited Low, and the Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low. Harley again relied on its Project Rushmore strategy, and designed bikes built around customer feedback.
The new Low models are designed for riders 5’7” tall and shorter, and includes the following:
- A seat height of 25.6 inches allows more riders to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is stopped, and a new low-profile seat reduces the reach to the foot controls.
- Premium lowered front and rear suspension lowers the bike’s center of gravity and makes it easier to lift the motorcycle off its jiffy stand, yet delivers outstanding comfort and handling.
- The overall width of the primary drive housing and derby cover are reduced to further improve leg clearance to the ground.
- A pull-back handlebar places hand controls two inches closer to the rider, putting many riders in a more comfortable position that can reduce back and shoulder strain.
- Smaller-diameter hand grips reduce the finger reach to the brake and clutch levers.
- Assist and Slip (A&S) hydraulic clutch reduces lever effort 23 percent, a key benefit in stop-and-go traffic.
- A new passenger footboard mount allows the footboards to be folded up so they are out of the way when pushing the motorcycle in a garage or driveway.
- A new toe tab extension reduces the reach required to retract the jiffy stand.
All other features arrive directly from Project Rushmore, including the Twin Cam 103 engine mated to the 6-Speed Cruise Drive Transmission, and the redesigned and wind tunnel-tested Batwing fairing with Splitstream vent that limits head buffeting, and the Boom! Box 4.3 audio system that features Bluetooth capability and a 25-watt per channel amplifier driving four speakers.
The Low models also arrive standard with the King Tour-Pak and hard saddlebags with one-touch latches, Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS, Daymaker LED lighting, electronic cruise control, and the H-D Smart Security System.
The bikes are also available in a variety of colors at different price points, which are listed at the bottom of this article.
Following are the highlights of the 2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low and Ultra Limited Low:
- Rubber-mounted, Air-Cooled 1690cc High Output Twin Cam 103 engine with integrated oil cooler; finished in Black with chrome covers, and:
– 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
– Hydraulic Assist and Slip clutch
– Electronic Cruise Control
– Low-mantenance belt drive
- Pull-back handlebar places grips two inches closer to the rider
- Super premium reduced reach, low-profile two-up seat
- Reduced-width primary housing and derby cover for improved rider leg clearance
- Upgraded Premium lowered front and rear suspension lowers motorcycle by one inch
- Smaller diameter hand grips reduce lever reach
- Jiffy stand extension reduces reach
- Passenger footboards and pivoting mounts permit easier mobility and greater leg clearance
- Batwing fairing with Splitstream vent for reduced head buffeting
- Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS; floating open front brake rotors
- Daymaker LED headlight and fog lights
- Boom! Box 4.3 infotainment system, Bluetooth capability, with 25-watt per channel amplifier and four speakers
- Jukebox media compartment with USB connection and One-Touch access door
- Injection-molded hard saddlebags with chrome One-Touch design latch
- Injection-molded Tour-Pak case with One-Touch latch and integrated lock
- Rear LED stop, turn, and position lights located on the Tour-Pak
- Ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design and tactile feel
- Streamlined, low profile front fender
- Two glove boxes, located inside fairing lowers with One-Touch access doors
- Impeller Cast Aluminum wheels
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
2015 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited Low Colors/MSRP:
- Vivid Black / $26,999
- Superior Blue / $27,599
- Brilliant Silver Pearl/Vivid Black / $28,049
- Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black / $28,049
- Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo / $28,049
- Deep Jade Pearl/Vivid Black / $28,049
- Radioactive Green / $28,299
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic Colors/MSRP:
- Vivid Black / $24,399
- Brilliant Silver Pearl / $24,999
- Mysterious Red Sunglo / $24,999
- Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo / $25,449
- White Hot Pearl/Blue Hot Pearl / $25,449
- Amber Whiskey/ Charcoal Pearl / $25,449
- Black Magic / $25,699