AGV Corsa Helmet 5 Sharp Stars
Earlier this year, Sharp (Safety Helmet and Assessment Racing Program) out of the UK awarded the AGV Corsa helmet five Sharp Stars.
The Corsa is a member of the AGV “Extreme Standard Helmets” family. And after gaining five Sharp stars, it is now one of 321 motorcycle helmets that are the safest in the world.
AGV says the five Stars are defended by the English Department of Transportation, and Sharp awards them by an independent evaluation system, where “the helmets are subjected to the safety criteria tests without involving the manufacturers.”
The English DOT says that 50 lives could have been saved by using the five-star Sharp rated helmets.
AGV says its Corsa helmet gained the five stars due to the “Extreme Standard Helmets” design system, which defines new standards for safety, ergonomics and comfort. Speaking of the design, AGV says the “Corsa design process begins with the components that are directly in contact with the head, to then work outwards through the final shell.”
AGV Corsa Helmet Features:
- Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in composite fiber, aramid & Carbon Fiber
- Number of Shells: 4 shell sizes
- Ventilation System: IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into the shell
- Interior: Breathable Lycra® micro-porous lining and Dry-comfort fabric with sanitizing treatment
- Interior: Fully removable and washable inner liners of CoolMax fabric
- Faceshield: RACE 2 flat, non-scratch shield with wide field of vision and suitable for tear-offs
- Shield Mechanism: XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with roto-translation opening
For additional information, visit AGV.com.