TomTomRider Motorcycle GPS
TomTom – the Netherlands company that offers GPS units – recently released a motorcycle-specific GPS – the TomTom Rider. And to promote the device, TomTom created the above video, which emotionally gets the point across about our freedom to chose where we want to ride.Built for bikes and packed with motorcycle-friendly features, the TomTom Rider allows bikers to choose the type of route they want to ride — from the fastest, to the most scenic, to their own personalized route while on vacation.
The TomTom Rider – the official device of Eagle Rider motorcycle tours – provides access to the most up-to-date maps and a Winding Roads feature, allowing bikers to select routes with the most bends for a more memorable and exciting ride.TomTom Rider Key Features:
- Winding Roads: Allows bikers to select routes with the most bends for a more exciting ride.
- Upload Routes and Go: Enables bikers to upload preferred routes captured online to the TomTom Rider device. These routes can be shared with other riders via Bluetooth®.
- PC Route Management via Tyre Pro: Users can download Tyre Pro interactive software to search, create and edit routes on a PC before uploading them to the TomTom Rider device. These can be shared with friends.
- All-Weather Device: Glove-friendly screen that responds instantly to touch. Designed for any weather conditions, including bright direct sunlight.
- Free Lifetime Maps: For the life of the product, users can download four or more full updates of the map on the device every year, which includes all updates to the road network, addresses and Points of Interest.
- Map Share: Users benefit from free Daily Map Changes from the TomTom Map Share community, which includes dynamic changes such as new speed limits and blocked roads. Helps overcome the more frequent road changes and to avoid delays or detours.
- Points of Interest: Via TomTom Rider, users can access the Points of Interest feature to find interesting places to stop en-route, such as restaurants, motels and fuel stations. Personalized Points of Interest can also be added, for future reference.
- IQ Routes: Uses real travel time for each and every road shared by millions of bikers, therefore providing the optimum route and arrival time.
- Accessories: A range of optional accessories available including a car mounting kit, charging bike dock and unique anti-theft solution.
Stay clicked to UltimateMotorCycling.com
for a review of the TomTom Rider