2014 Honda CB1100 / CB1100 Preview | Photos & Specs
2014 Honda CB1100 / CB1100 First Look Review
In late 2012, Honda announced it was releasing its “retro” styled standard motorcycle – the CB1100 – to America.
The bike featured the timeless design of the Honda CB series yesteryear combined with modern technology. And it was all offered for under $10K. We provided favorable reviews of Honda’s new standard, and for 2014, it only gets better.
Honda has revised the CB1100, and now offers a Deluxe version that adds ABS, a larger fuel tank,, a sleeker seat and some revised styling of the side panels.
The standard CB1100 is now available in only black, and the Deluxe model is offered in the retro Red color.
Both bikes, which are powered by the 1140cc air- and oil-cooled DOHC, have been upgraded in the transmission department; gone is the five speed and in place is a six-speed transmission. Suspension remains the same as 2013, with a 41mm fork up front and dual shocks out back, as do the brakes (dual 296mm discs up front; 256 single disc out back) and the 18-inch wheel/tire setup.
The 2014 models also receive a new meter package that includes gear position indicator, MPG readout and trip computer. Both the 2014 Honda CB1100 and CB1100 Deluxe will be available in March.
Following are the features, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2014 Honda CB1100 and CB1100 Deluxe.
2014 Honda CB1100 / CB110 Deluxe Features:
- New six-speed gearbox adds to the riding experience throughout a wide variety of roads and uses.
- New meter package includes gear position indicator, MPG readout and trip computer.
- Blacked-out treatment gives the CB1100 a unique look.
- Retro styling, comfortable ergonomics and great all-around performance.
- The DOHC 1140cc engine generates impressive amounts of midrange power plus a smooth, sophisticated feel for a rewarding riding experience.
- Classic fuel tank shape, handlebar bend and taillight configuration reminiscent of early Honda four-cylinder bikes that helped establish popular trends in motorcycle styling.
- Sweeping four-into-one exhaust system is stylish and functional.
- Deluxe receives a 0.7-gallon Larger fuel tank for added range.
- Deluxe has Anti-Lock Braking System for precise and predictable stopping power under a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Deluxe seat features a classic cover treatment for a great look.
- Deluxe features distinctive sidecovers add a new, unique look.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Honda Genuine Accessories: Heated Grips, Heated Grips Attachment, Rear Carrier, Tank Pad, Gold-Color Front Fork Adjustment Bolt
2014 Honda CB1100 / CB1100 Deluxe Specs:
- Engine Type: 1140cc air- and oil-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 73.5mm x 67.2mm
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 32mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front suspension: 41mm fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.2 inches travel
- Rear suspension: Dual shocks with spring preload adjustability; 4.5 inches travel
- Brakes: Front – Dual four-piston calipers with full-floating 296mm discs; Rear – Single-caliper 256mm disc (Deluxe arrives with ABS)
- Tires: Front – 110/80-18; Rear – 140/70-18
- Wheelbase: 58.7 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 27.0°
- Trail: 114mm (4.4 inches)
- Seat Height: 31.2 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons; Deluxe 4.6 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: TBD
- Curb Weight: 540 pounds; Deluxe 570.9 pounds
2014 Honda CB1100 / CB1100 Deluxe Color Options/MSRP:
- CB1100 – Black, $10,399
- CB1100 Deluxe – Red, $11,899