2014 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Calendar
The 2014 GEICO AMA EnduroCross schedule was released this week, the series expanding to nine rounds instead of seven.
The new events will be in Atlanta (Gwinnett Center) and Salt Lake City (Energy Solutions Arena), along with an appearance at the Austin X Games.
The series will once again open during the Monster Energy Supercross finale in Las Vegas Friday, May 2. For 2014, the series will in Ontario, Calif., Nov. 22
Mike Karsting (VP of events for Source Interlink Media, the producer of EnduroCross) says: “We are really excited about taking EnduroCross to the East Coast with the new event in Atlanta. Utah is also a great off-road market.
“The X Games event in Austin will also likely be included in the championship and we expect all three locations to attract racers and fans from a wide region to experience the exciting action of EnduroCross” Karsting continued.
There are three events remaining in 2013 GEICO AMA EnduroCross – Everett, Washington; Boise, Idaho; and Las Vegas. KTM’s Mike Brown currently holds a three point lead over the reigning champion Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) as the series heads into the final stretch.
2014 GEICO AMA EnduroCross, Fueled by Monster Energy Schedule:
- Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014: Orleans Arena (Friday during Supercross weekend)
- Austin, Texas, May 15-18, 2014 (TBC): X Games – Circuit of the America’s
- Sacramento, California, June 21, 2014 (TBC):Sleep Train Arena
- Atlanta, Georgia, August 23, 2014 (TBC): Gwinnett Center
- Denver, Colorado, October 4, 2014: National Western Complex
- Salt Lake City, Utah, October 11, 2014: Energy Solutions Arena
- Everett, Washington, October 18, 2014: Comcast Arena
- Boise, Idaho, November 15, 2014: Idaho Center
- Ontario, California, November 22, 2014: Citizens Business Bank Arena