2014 Indian Chief Vintage | Preview and Photos (46 Pics)
2014 Indian Chief Vintage Photos/Images/Wallpaper/Specs
As part of Indian Motorcycle’s rebirth, the manufacturer that began in 1901 and is now owned by Polaris Industries has released three new Chief models for 2014 – the Chief Classic, the fairing-featuring Chieftain, and the soft bagger Chief Vintage.
The Vintage has all the features of the Classic, such as valanced fenders, laced wheels, whitewall tires, instrument cluster atop the teardrop fuel tank and extensive chrome, but is upgraded with other tasteful features. These upgrades include a quick-release soft-sided leather bags, leather fringe, chrome fender tips, additional chrome badging on the front fender and a quick-release windscreen for tool-less removal.
Powering the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage is the same engine that powers all three Chiefs – the Thunder Stroke 111. The 49-degree, air-cooled V-twin produces 119 ft/lbs of torque, and is hooked to a smooth-shifting, 6-speed overdrive transmission. This engine is proven; Indian Motorcycle reports it put on over two million miles of on-road and test-lab testing.
The Chief Vintage’s name may evoke nostalgia, but the bike has all the latest technical advances, including ABS, cruise control, throttle-by-wire and keyless ignition.
The 2014 Indian Chief Vintage, which is expected to be in authorized dealerships this September, has a starting MSRP of $20,999. Following are the features and specs of the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage, and attached above are all the official photos of the machine. Each image also makes for great wallpaper; to download, simply click on the desired thumbnail to expand, and right click to Save to Desktop Background.
2014 Victory Chief Vintage Features:
- Genuine Leather/Natural Tan Color: The comfortable seat and spacious saddlebags feature natural tan leather that will become even more distinguished over time. The high-quality leather is strong and durable, and it complements the traditional Indian Motorcycle style.
- Quick Release Windshield: The protective windshield features Indian Chief quick release technology, so it can be installed or removed without tools in just minutes.
- Thunder Stroke 111: The new engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle engines of the past.
- Keyless: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient with the key fob in your pocket. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome: Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed.
- Indian Motorcycle Badging: One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle is the vintage badging. The script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle color in 1912.
- War Bonnet: Lighting the way as it has since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet atop the front fender in a chrome frame.
- Valenced Fenders: Stylish and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, enhance the flowing lines of every Indian Motorcycle. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel.
- Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian Chief is equipped with outstanding ABS brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers.
- Center Console: Chief Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has an easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable data.
- Laced Wheels: The Indian Chief Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes evoke timeless Indian Motorcycle style.
- 5-Year ESC/Roadside Assistance: Every new 2014 model has coverage that includes both a 1-year Limited Warranty & a 4-year POLARISTAR Total Protection Extended Service Contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle Roadside Assistance for added assurance.
2014 Victory Chief Vintage Specs:
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke 111
- Displacement: 111 cu in
- Bore x Stroke : 3.976″ x 4.449″ (101mm x 113mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- Peak Torque: 119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789:1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front – Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in (119 mm)
- Suspension: Rear – Type/Travel: Single Shock/3.7 in
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Suspension: Rear – Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Tires/Front: Dunlop American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: 60 Spoke 16″ x 3.5″ Front and 16″ x 5″ Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Length: 103.7 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in
- Width (US): 40.4 in
- Width (Intl): 39.8 in
- Height: 58.7.3 in
- Seat Height: 26.0 in
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in
- Rake: 29°
- Trail: 6.1 in
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gallons
- Weight (empty tank / full of fuel): 801 lbs / 835 lbs
- GVWR: 1260 lbs
- Thunder Black
- Indian Motorcycle Red
- Springfield Blue
- Standard Equipment: ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Keyless Start; Light Bar; Premium Leather Seats; Quick Release Lexan Windshield; Quick Release Vintage Leather Saddle Bags; Vintage Fender Badge
- Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator