Husqvarna Legends & Champions at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
2013 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
This year, Husqvarna is the honoree manufacturer at the BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days.
The Husqvarna name is one loaded with history, fostering not only multiple MX and Enduro champions, but also Hollywood stars such as Steve Mcqueen, who starred with Husky-icon Malcolm Smith in “On Any Sunday.”
And at AMA Vintage MotorCycle Days, many legends and champions associated with Husqvarna will be present. Following is the list of Husky icons that will at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, which runs July 19-21 at Mid-Ohio in Lexington, Ohio.
- Dick Burleson – The landscape of 1970s off-road racing would have looked quite different without this eight-time AMA Grand National Enduro Champion. Much of Husqvarna’s era of dominance came courtesy of Dick Burleson, who will serve as the grand marshal of the 2013 BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days.
- Malcolm Smith – You don’t even have to be a motorcyclist to know this industry icon. Star of Bruce Brown’s On Any Sunday, Malcolm Smith will be on hand at Mid-Ohio to greet fans and friends. Get a first look at his upcoming book, Malcolm! An Autobiography, and pre-order an autographed copy!
- Gunnar Lindstrom – When it comes to the rich history of Husqvarna motorcycles, official historian Gunnar Lindstrom lived it, and then wrote it in his celebrated book Husqvarna Success. Meet the man, get the book and share a piece of motocross history with Gunnar Lindstrom.
- Terry Cunningham made his notch in Husqvarna history, and in the AMA record books as Burleson’s successor to the AMA National Enduro throne. Terry Cunningham amassed a total of four national championships for Husqvarna between 1982 and 1986, and fans will be cheering him on once again this weekend at Mid-Ohio. Catch him in action, and grab an autograph between motos!
- Mike Melton – Yet another contributor to Husqvarna’s 17-year dominance of the American off-road scene, former champion Mike Melton will be making the trip to this year’s AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days. Come to the Husqvarna tent for a chance to win an autographed poster-size article of the 1983 AMA National Enduro champion.
- John Penton – One of the founding fathers of modern motocross, and original distributor of Husqvarna Motorcycles in the United States, John Penton is also a revered member of the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
- Jack Penton – Like his father, John, Jack Penton made quite a name for himself in off-road racing, having earned 27 national titles and six ISDT gold medals in his career. Jack was also credited with being the youngest rider ever to earn a gold medal in the Six Days.
- Scot Harden – Desert dominator and world-class racer Scot Harden will be making the trek to Mid-Ohio. The former Husqvarna racer and executive remains a fixture in American off-road racing, and is also a member of the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
- Fred Andrews – Current owner and racer of Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) Husqvarna team, Fred Andrews is taking advantage of the summer break in his busy race schedule to meet and greet fans in Lexington, Ohio.
- Andrew DeLong – A legend in the making? Many would say, “yes!” Fred Andrews Racing’s young gun Andrew DeLong has already set records in off-road racing aboard his Husqvarna, the most recent of which was a historic overall win at a National Enduro. Don’t miss a chance to meet Husky’s promising up-and-comer!
- Fred Hoess – Very few have done their country as proud as Fred Hoess when it comes to bringing home gold from the toughest competition in motorcycling. Husqvarna’s own Fred Hoess has competed in 23 International Six Day Enduro events, and amassed no less than 17 gold medals in his career.
For more on the 2013 BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Featuring the Champions and Riders of Husqvarna visit vintagemotorcycledays.com.