Bou Retains Trial World Championship Lead After Czech Republic
2013 Czech Republic Trial World Championship Results
Despite losing to Gas Gas rider Adam Raga at the 2013 Czech Republic Trial World Championship round this past weekend, Toni Bou retains the Trial points lead.
The Spaniard finished second at round nine, ahead of Sherco’s Albert Cabestany. Heading into round 10, the British Trial Grand Prix, Bou has 163 points, two ahead of Raga with four races remaining.
Speaking of the Czech Republic Trial Grand Prix, Repsol says the round “offered low-demanding zones, contrary to last weekend high-level zones in Italy. The several times World Championship Bou fought for victory until the last moment, and finished with only 12 points, 3 more than Raga –winner– and 5 less than Albert Cabestany –third.”
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “I think we cannot battle for the World Championship in rounds with such low difficulty and with the marshals making mistakes, which is what happened today. There are still four rounds to go and I hope they will be more demanding and properly controlled. I have nothing else to say.”
The Czech Republic Grand Prix is the last one of the season that features only one day. The next round, the British Grand Prix, will occur July 27th and 28.
2013 Czech Republic Trial World Championship Results:
1. Adam Raga, Gas Gas: 9 points
2. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda: 12 points
3. Albert Cabestany, Sherco: 17 points
4. James Dabill, Beta: 32 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta: 35 points
2013 Trial World Championship Point Standings:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda: 163 points
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas: 161 points
3. Albert Cabestany, Sherco: 120 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda: 119 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta: 113 points