2013 SES TT Zero
When it comes to electric motorcycle racing at the Isle of Man TT, one rider is the “King of the Mountain” – Michael Rutter.
The eight-time Macau GP winner took his second consecutive Zero TT Tuesday, breaking the record he set last year.
The new official record for the clean-emissions, one-lap race is a 20:38.46 with an average speed of 109.675mph, beating Rutter’s previous record by over a minute (21:45.33/104.056mph).
Joining the E1pc rider Rutter on the 2013 Zero TT podium was Mugen rider John McGuinness, who was not far behind with a lap of 20:40.13 (109.527mph), and Ohio State University’s Robert Barber, the 2009 race winner. Barber lapped the 37.73-mile Mountain Course in 25:02.467, with an average speed of 90.403 mph.
As for Rutter’s MotoCzysz teammate, the American Mark Miller suffered a DNF due to gear box issues at Ballaugh Bridge on the Mountain Course.
George Spence on the Kingston University bike was next to finish the race with a time of 25:41.82 (88.096mph), followed by Chris McGahan on the Vercarmoto at 83.857mph.
After announcing that this would be his last TT, Ian Lougher paid tribute to Yoshinari Matsushita on the Komatti Mirai machine with a time of 27:46.30 (81.515mph). David Madsen-Mygdal on the Imperial and Paul Owen on the Brunel University machine completed the Zero TT grid.
2013 Isle of Man TT SES Zero TT Race Results:
1. (1) Michael Rutter, 2013 MotoCzysz E1PC/: 20:38.461, 109.675 mph
2. (3) John McGuinness, 2013 Shinden Ni/Mugen: 20:40.133, 109.527
3. (10) Robert Barber, RW-2/Ohio State University: 25:02.467, 90.403
4. (4) George Spence, Kingston 2012/Kingston University: 25:41.822, 88.096
5. (7) Chris Mcgahan, 2013 Yamaha R6E/Vercarmoto: 26:59.755, 83.857
6. (5) Ian Lougher, 2013 KOMATTI MIRAI KMI/: 27:46.300, 81.515
7. (6) David Madsen-Mygdal, Imperial/: 31:26.933, 71.983
8. (9) Paul Owen, 2013 Brunel BX/Brunel University: 31:33.387, 71.73