2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Results
Spoiler Alert: 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Results from Georgia Dome, Atlanta, listed below.
The 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship got underway Saturday in Georgia Dome, Atlanta, for round 8 of 17.
And taking his first win of the season before a record-breaking crowd of nearly 69,000 SX fans was Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart (YZ450F).
Stewart, who became the the fifth winner so far in 2013 AMA Supercross, was joined on the podium by Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto (KX-F450) and Rockstar Energy Suzuki’s Davi Millsaps (RM-Z450).
It was a clean victory for Stewart. The Floridian took the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot, and went on to lead all 20 laps. Villipoto began the race and second, and would eventually chase down Stewart, but arrive at the finish line 1.468 seconds later.
Millsaps started mid pack, but the two-time winner moved into third on lap two, keeping the position until the end. Finishing fourth was Muscle Milk Honda’s Justin Canard, followed by teammate Trey Canard.
Stewart has now gone nine seasons with a win, tying Jeremy McGrath and Chad Reed in this exclusive category. Villopoto moved into second place in season standings, and Millsaps has a 22-point lead in the championship.
James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450) says: “I mean, what can I say, we won tonight. It [means] a lot; this whole season has been going crazy and to get a victory and to get a start, it was almost a perfect day. I was fastest in practice, fastest in the Heat Race, I got the holeshot in the Main Event and led every lap. I’m not going to lie, I was a little nervous because I haven’t been out there in a while.”
GIECO Honda’s Wil Hahn led wire to wire in tonight’s Eastern Regional 250SX Class Main Event en route to the first victory of his career.
Hahn led the field of 250SX Class riders across the Nuclear Cowboyz Holeshot line in turn one as Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Dean Wilson and Rockstar Energy Racing’s Blake Wharton tucked in behind him for second and third, respectively. Red Bull KTM’s Marvin Musquin made a pass for second place on Wharton on Lap 2, Feld Motor Sports says.
Hahn opened the season with a third-place finish last weekend and with tonight’s win, he moved into second place overall. Wilson, who finished second tonight, still has the championship points lead. Wharton finished third and is third overall, Feld Motor Sports says.
Wil Hahn (GEICO Honda CR-F250R) says: “I put in a lot of hard work, and it paid off here tonight. I stayed positive out there and rode a smart race. It’s an amazing feeling to get my first win here at the Georgia Dome in front of so many fans. This has been a long time coming.”
Former 250SX Class Champion Tim Ferry’s son Evan won tonight’s KTM Junior Supercross Challenge.
Monster Energy Supercross resumes next weekend at St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome.
2013 Atlanta Monster Energy AMA Supercross 450 SX Class Results:
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda
- Chad Reed, Australia, Honda
- Jake Weimer, Rupert, Idaho, Kawasaki
- Mike Alessi, Hilliard, Fla., Suzuki
2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross 450 Class Points:
- Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 174
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 152
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM, 148
- Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda, 135
- Chad Reed, Australia, Honda, 127
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 116
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM, 102
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki, 100
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 91
- Matt Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., KTM, 79
2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Eastern Regional 250 Class Results:
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki
- Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki
- Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Honda
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda
- Vince Friese, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Honda
- Zach Bell, Cairo, Ga., Honda
2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Eastern Regional 250 Class Points:
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki, 47
- Wil Hahn, Decatur, Texas, Honda, 45
- Blake Wharton, Pilot Point, Texas, Suzuki, 40
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM, 35
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Honda, 31
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki, 31
- Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Honda, 28
- Vince Friese, Cape Girardeau, Mo., Honda, 24
- James Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda, 20
- Lance Vincent, Youngsville, La., KTM, 20
2013 KTM Junior Supercross Challenge:
- Evan Ferry, Largo, Fla., KTM
- Hamden Hudson, Danville, Va., KTM
- Ragon Cochran, Macon, Ga., KTM
- Nathan Ellenburg, Union Mills, N.C., KTM
- Ivano Van Erp, Netherlands, KTM
- Kaleb Wells, Dry Ridge, Kent., KTM
- Augustas Oslund, Duvall, Wash., KTM
- Coen Eiklenborg, Tuscon, Ariz., KTM
- Gray Leadbetter, Morgan, N.C., KTM
- Cameron Eason, Hinesville, Ga., KTM
- Alexander Brion, Fort George, Md., KTM
- Zach Cannon, Rome, Ga., KTM
- Cale Vamey, Georgetown, Ohio, KTM
- Niklaus Tolliver, Bluefield, W.V., KTM
- Hunter Collins, Kevil, Kent., KTM