2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B | Preview
2013 Honda Gold Wing GL1800B/GL1800BD
For 2013, Honda is experimenting with form on one of its most popular models – the Gold Wing GL1800.
Attempting to appeal more to the bagger lifestyle over long-distance touring, Honda has released a blacked-out, slimmed down Gold Wing – the F6B.
The bike has the basic chassis and 1832cc inline six of the standard Gold Wing, but loses the top case and gains some modern styling attributes. Honda claims the slimmed-down F6B has a dry weight of 842 lbs., which makes it over 60 lbs. lighter than the standard Gold Wing.
The large-capacity, lockable bags featured on the F6B, which is available in standard and a deluxe model (additional Trim), are sleek, resembling American-bagger styling. Without the top case normally found on the standard Gold Wing, Honda was able to create a unique tail with grab handles that enhances the styling of the gunfighter seat.
Other bagger styling arrives from the shorty windscreen, which is much sleeker than the standard Gold Wing’s huge screen, a restyled lower cowl, and blacked-out treatment to the engine, frame and wheels.
Every thing else is typical of Gold Wing, the F6B arriving with the horizontally-opposed six cylinder engine with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) and 40mm throttle bodies. The engine is hooked to a five-speed transmission, which translates all the power to the ground through a shaft drive.
The F6B rolls on the twin-spar aluminum frame, and utilizes a 45mm cartridge fork up front with an anti-dive system. Out back the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B features a Pro Arm single-sided swingarm and a Pro-Link single shock with remote-controlled spring preload adjustment.
Stopping the Gold Wing F6B are dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers up front, and a single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper out back.
Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B.
Honda says the bike will be available in February, 2013.
2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B Highlights:
- Innovative appearance with blacked-out styling, plus incredible performance put the Gold Wing F6B in a class of one.
- Blacked-out treatment applied to wheels, engine and frame.
- Shorty windscreen and gunfighter-style seat add to a unique persona.
- Powerful, fuel-injected 1832cc engine features a parallel two-valve cylinder head with direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation for strong and smooth power production plus rugged dependability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates two 40mm throttle bodies and six high-pressure programmed fuel injectors.
- Premium audio system features direct MP3/i-Pod connectivity.
- Multi-information screen features odometer/A&B tripmeters, clock, air temperature, saddlebag open indicator, audio controls and music information.
- Sleek lower cowl adds to the aggressive look.
- Stylish tail section incorporates passenger grabrails.
- Lockable, waterproof saddlebags offer large storage capacity.
- Convenient glovebox.
- Deluxe model includes passenger backrest, centerstand, self-canceling turn signals and heated grips.
- Transferable three-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Honda Genuine Accessories: Heated Grips, Centerstand, Color-Matched Passenger Backrest with Pad, Rear Carrier, Backrest/ Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets††, Passenger Headset Junction, Accessory Socket, Tall Windscreen, LED Foglight Kit, Deluxe Helmet Headset (Full and Open), Saddlebag Cooler, Chrome Front Fender Rail, Chrome Front Fender Extension, Chrome Sidestand, Chrome Front Disc Cover, Chrome Bar Ends
2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B GL1800B/GL1800BD Specs:
- Engine Type: 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 71mm
- Compression ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping
- Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 4.8 inches travel
- Rear: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with remote-controlled spring preload adjustment; 4.1 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear: Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Tires Front: 130/70R-18
- Rear: 180/60R-16
- Wheelbase: 66.5 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 29.15°
- Trail: 109mm (4.3 inches)
- Seat Height: 29.1 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 6.7 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: TBD
- Colors: Black, Red
- Curb Weight: 842 pounds
2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B Color Options/MSRP:
- Black / $19,999 / $20,999 Deluxe
- Red / $19,999 / $20,999 Deluxe