2013 Honda CBR250 R / CBR 250 R ABS
Since its inception on US shores in 2011, Honda’s CBR250R has been the main competitor of the Ninja 250, the entry-level sportbike Kawasaki brought stateside back in 1986.
The CBR 250 R, available with ABS, was an immediate hit, the quarter-liter bike arriving with a 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine that featured a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head and counterbalancer, and PGM-FI fuel injection, something the Ninja 250 lacks (the Kawi still has a carburetor).
Except for color options, the CBR 250 R didn’t receive any major revisions for 2012, and the same goes for 2013. The major news for the 2013 CBR250R is the additional colors – Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red and Black, and the one that everyone MotoGP fan will surely enjoy – Repsol (only available in standard model without ABS).
Also new for 2013 are black wheels (not available on the Repsol), and a new black exhaust cover.
Regarding suspension, the lightweight Honda CBR250R features a diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, which provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
The machine gets 77 mpg, which allows over 200-miles to a tank of gas, and will be kind to the wallet. Honda says the CBR250R will retail for $4,199 and $4,699 with ABS.
There are also some Honda Genuine Accessories available, including passenger seat cowl (black), carbon fiber tank pad, carbon fiber fuel lid, and outdoor cover.
2013 Honda CBR250R / CBR250R ABS Specs:
- Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel
- Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 296mm disc
- Rear: Single-caliper 220mm disc
- Optional ABS
- Front: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear: 140/70-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0°
- Trail: 98.6mm (3.9 inches)
- Seat Height: 30.5 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Fuel Economy Estimate: 77 mpg
- 357 pounds (CBR250R) / 366 pounds (CBR250R ABS)
2012 Honda CBR250R Color Options / MSRP:
- Repsol (available on standard model only) /$4,199
- Pearl White/Blue/Red / $4,199 / $4,699 ABS
- Red and Black /$4,199 / $4,699 ABS