Corbin’s Third Annual Rider Appreciation Day
Discovery Channel’s Two-Time Biker Build-Off Champion Matt Hotch is coming up from Southern California to attend Corbin’s third Annual Rider Appreciation Day as well as the world land speed record holder Rocky Robinson and his 21-foot record holding streamliner Ack Attack.
In addition to being an author and lifetime member of the 300mph club, Rocky is the current holder of the Unlimited Motorcycle World Land Speed Record… a distinction he’s earned more than once!
For those who don’t follow such things, Rocky and Crew upped the ante for the World’s Fastest Motorcycle to over 376mph (two way average) in September of 2010. The effort netted a top speed of 394mph in their race for the record. Rocky will be on hand to answer questions along with the record holding 376+ mph engineering marvel Ack Attack streamliner.
American Legend and founding member of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, Sonny Barger has canceled his appearance at Corbin’s third Annual Rider Appreciation Day due to personal reasons. Mike Corbin, President and Founder of Corbin stated, “Sonny wishes us well and really wants to be with us, but unfortunately, personal reasons prevent this from happening this year. We at Corbin send him our Love and Respect!”
There will be tons of live entertainment throughout the day including music from The Backyard Blues Band as well as Jay Gordon (formerly Jay Gordon and the Penetrators) Blues / Blues Rock Band. Hollister is the Birthplace of the American Biker…it’s where it all began!
Last year, Corbin had thousands of riders show up to help celebrate our country’s birthday and take part in the festivities. This year Corbin, an industry leader, is also having a trade show right on their property and many of the more recognized names in the industry that will be there: Samson Exhaust, Barnett Clutches, Renegade Classics, Mid-USA, Arlen Ness, Custom Chrome Inc., IronWorks Magazine, Ride Wright Wheels, Cycle Gear…And many, many more!
Corbin is working with Bob Warford, also known as Biker Bob to his many radio listening fans, to put on another bike show this year. Biker Bob will emcee the bike show and promises this year will be bigger and better with special goodies being handed out to the winners. Corbin is inviting all of you to enter FREE of charge! You’ve put a lot of work into your bike and here’s your chance to garner a little attention for all of your efforts. Not just attention, but a nifty trophy or award to boot!
Six different classes will be judged:
• Street: Factory custom, non-bagger
• Custom: Chopper or exotic, 2-wheeler
• Sport: Streetfighters and more
• Touring: Baggers of all brands
• Trike: 3-Wheelers of all brands
• Best of Clubs: Patch Clubs’ favorites
This year, there is a special twist to the Corbin Bike Show…The founder and managing editor of IronWorks Magazine, Marilyn Stemp, will be on hand to lend her expert eye to the judging and will personally present the IronWorks Trophy! The Winner will not only receive this special honor, but will also have their bike featured in an upcoming issue of IronWorks Magazine.
Additional “Happenings” at Corbin’s 3rd Annual Rider Appreciation Day Include:
• Event Discount-Take a 10% discount on all Corbin accessories ordered during the weekend! That’s right, just because we don’t have it in stock doesn’t mean you can’t get a discount…begins Monday, June 25th
• Free Installation- In addition to the Discount, all Corbin accessories are eligible for free installation. Get your new saddle and ride home on it!
• Wizard’s Café-Corbin’s on-site `50s style diner will be open for breakfast and lunch all day if you prefer sit-down dining
• Top Hatters Poker Run-Once again, Corbin’s Workshop will be the final stop and destination for the Top Hatters’ annual Poker Run. A very popular event every year that raises funds for the needy of San Benito County
• Factory Tours-Take a self guided stroll around the workshop or join up with any of our guided tours throughout the day (10:00am – 5:00pm)
• Food Court- A lineup of food selections will begin serving around 11:00am through the afternoon. Look for the Elk’s Club Tri-Tip sandwiches again and more
For those interested in obtaining more information on Corbin, you can reach them at 800-538-7035 or online at corbin.com. Visit Corbin Headquarters at 2360 Technology Parkway, Hollister, CA. 95023 or Corbin Florida at 1433 US Highway 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174. Hollister Event information can be found at corbin.com/rally.