2012 FIM Trial World Championship
Following his win Saturday, Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou remained in dominate form Sunday for the second race at Mt. Tarrengower in Australia.
The win was his third victory in four events held this season, helping him increase is overall lead to 77 points, 16 ahead of his rival Adam Raga (Gas Gas).Unlike Saturday, Sunday’s weather conditions were much better, allowing for more precise riding from the Spaniard. Bou dueled throughout most of the race with Jeroni Fajardo (Beta).With only three points in the first pass through the areas and seven in the second pass, the rider from Piera achieved his second victory of the weekend, with nearly half the points than his closest competitor Fajardo, who had 19 points, his team reports.Toni Bou
(Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “As we foresaw, this second day the zones were much easier than yesterday. Nevertheless, the pressure was very high during the whole round, as Jeroni [Fajardo] was very strong and did not leave any margin for mistakes, we could not have got a better result in Australia, as to the double victory we should add the combined results of my closest rivals”.The next two rounds of the Trial World Championship will take place next weekend, June 2-3 in Motegi, Japan.2012 Australian Trial Grand Prix: Day 2 Results:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda 10
2. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta 19
3. Takahisa Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda 31
4. Adam Raga, Gas Gas 33
5. Albert Cabestany, Sherco 352012 FIM Trial World Championship Point Standings:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda 77 pts.
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas 61 pts.
3. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta 58 pts.
4. Albert Cabestany, Sherco 56 pts.
5. Takahisa Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda 52 pts