2012 BMW GS Trophy
BMW GS Riders that enter the GS Trophy UK Qualifier, held at the BMF Show in Petergorough, UK, on 18-20 May, will have dozens of opportunities to win BMW-themed prizes over the weekend, ranging from clothing and accessories up to VIP British Superbike tickets and BMW Off Road Skills riding experiences.
The GS Trophy judges, which include Dakar-racer Simon Pavey, will be awarding prizes for ability both on and off the bike, as well as to riders impressing with their attitude and “can-do” GS spirit, riders showing the most improvement over the day, the youngest and oldest GS owners and many more categories.
BMW Off Road Skills chief instructor Simon Pavey and his team of instructors have been hard at work creating a range of challenges and activities based in and around the East of England Showground in Peterborough, ensuring that anyone, from novice to expert, can enjoy every aspect of the event.
Riding activities will be taking place throughout the day, so when they’re not on the bike, riders and their supporters can relax and enjoy the entertainment and food on offer at the BMF Show, or relax in the dedicated GS Trophy campsite
The GS Trophy UK Qualifier entrants will have the chance to show off their own GS motorcycle both in the campsite and during the road-based navigation and map-reading challenges, which will be taking place on the fantastic local riding roads. Participants will also have the opportunity to ride a selection of BMW’s current motorcycles, including the new G 650 GS Sertão and the iconic R 1200 GS, during the off-road challenges.
Simon Pavey says: “The GS Trophy UK Qualifier is going to be packed with challenges and activities based on and around adventure motorcycles. They’ll be fun for riders of all abilities, whether you’re riding off-road for the first time or a life-long enduro rider. From changing a tyre with basic tools to navigating with maps and tackling off-road obstacles, riders will be able to try every section, no matter what their experience.
“Our instructors will be on-hand to offer advice at each section and stage, so even if it’s your first time, you’ll leave with some useful new skills. You may even ride away with a fantastic prize, and three riders will earn a place in Team UK for the South American final of the GS Trophy in November!”
Riders will have the chance to advance through the rounds into semi-finals on the Sunday morning, with the finalists going head-to-head in the centre of the BMF Show Arena. The lucky three will represent their nation against riders from over 15 nations in South America in November, and will be defending Team UK’s GS Trophy title from 2010.
GS owners can book places at the GS Trophy UK Qualifier on 18-20 May for £150, which includes a full weekend access ticket to the BMF Show (worth £42), access to the exclusive GS Trophy campsite, entry into the GS Trophy competition, use of BMW Motorrad’s motorcycles for the off-road sections and much more. Supporters can join in the fun with a GS Trophy Weekend Ticket for just £50, which includes Show access and camping in the GS Trophy area.
To book a place as a competitor, or guest, at the BMW Motorrad GS Trophy UK Qualifier, call World of BMW on 08000 131 282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMW GS Trophy UK Qualifier prizes:
- A one- or two-day riding course, courtesy of BMW Off Road Skills
- The next service for your BMW GS paid for by BMW Motorrad
- A choice of a BMW Motorrad helmet (AirFlow 2 / Enduro / System 6)
- 2x VIP tickets to British Superbikes & meet the Buildbase BMW Motorrad team
- A pair of BMW Motorrad gloves (Rallye 3 / All-Round 2)
- An award-winning BMW Phase Change Material Jacket
- A selection of T-shirts, hats and other clothing from the 2012 Style Collection
- A selection of BMW key-rings and wallets from the 2012 Style Collection
- In addition, every rider taking part and their supporters will recieve a complimentary copy of the exclusive, money-can’t buy BMW Motorrad: Unstoppable book
BMW GS Trophy UK Prize categories:
- Youngest and oldest GS rider
- Most improved rider during the weekend
- Highest mileage GS
- Best modified GS
- Rider who most embodies the ‘Spirit of the GS’
- Furthest travelled to take part
- Best rider at each challenge or section
- All riders making it through to the final round
- Best team spirit shown by a rider