2012 Suzuki Motorcycle
For 2012, Suzuki updated its mid-weight "sport enduro tourer," the V-Strom 650. The V-Strom 650, which for the second year arrives standard with ABS in the US, was designed for daily commuting, weekend touring and some light off-road riding.
But to further enhance the appeal of the model’s touring aspects, Suzuki is also offering the 2012 V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure.This model enhances the ease of adventure touring, a genre of riding that continues to gain worldwide popularity, by offering the following as standard equipment – aluminum side cases large enough to swallow a full-face helmet, rugged accessory engine bar and an advanced adjustable windscreen; these options add $1,700 to the base price of the V-Strom 650 ABS, making the MSRP $9,799.For 2012, the Suzuki DL650 Adventure, which is also an available option on the V-Strom 1000
, is offered in one color – Glass Sparkle Black.Speaking of the all-new model, Suzuki says: "2012 will mark the 10th anniversary of the V-Strom series since its introduction. Suzuki hopes the new V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure will be enjoyed by many more riders."Everything else on the Suzuki V-Strom is exactly the same as the 650 ABS model. Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure.2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure Highlights:Key Features
- The V-Strom 650 ABS unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Comes standard with large, stylish side cases that are large enough to hold a full-coverage helmet.
- Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
- Height-adjustable windshield for increased wind protection and comfort can be adjusted to three positions in a 50mm vertical range, work together with hand guards designed for maximum wind protection.
- LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for full-range riding enjoyment. An efficient engine design delivers high mileage and class-leading riding range. A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions. The V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with an aluminum muffler that is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance. The V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency. Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle. A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, directing engine heat to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent pending) Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.Transmission Features
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure Specs:Engine
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability at high-speeds.
- 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-telescopic front forks with 5.9 inches of travel working with a link-type rear suspension with 6.3 inches of travel, stepless rebound damping adjuster and 5-way spring preload adjuster which can be increased or decreased by turning a knob providing a ride that suits the rider preference for comfort.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- A slim 5.3 gallon fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- Displacement 645 cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-Twin
- Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter Electric
- Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Overall Length 2,290 mm (90.2 in)
- Overall Width 835 mm (32.9 in)
- Overall Height 1,405 mm (55.3 in)
- Wheelbase 1,560 mm (61.4 in)
- Ground Clearance 175 mm (6.9 in)
- Seat Height 835 mm (32.9 in)
- Curb Weight 239 kg (519 lbs)
- Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
- Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
- Brakes Rear Disc brake
- Tires Front 110/80R19M/C 59H
- Tires Rear 150/70R17M/C 69H
- Fuel Tank Capacity 20.0 L (5.3 / 4.4 US / Imp gal)
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Color Option/MSRP:
- Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Glass Sparkle Black / $9,799