RSD/Tony Hawk Triumph Thruxton
Before last October, many didn’t associate legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk with motorcycles.
But that all changed when the iconic Roland Sands Designs built a “Hawkized” Triumph Scrambler to be auctioned off for the Tony Hawk Foundation at last year’s Stand Up for Skateparks fundraiser in Vegas.
The uniquely-designed Scrambler went for $32,500, sold to Dave Matthews Band bassist Stefan Lessard.
Due to the Scrambler’s success, Roland Sands Designed decided to built another machine for this year’s charity – a Triumph Thruxton.
The “Hawkized” Thruxton was built for the Tony Hawk Foundation, and will be auctioned off on Nov. 5, 2011 at the third-annual Stand Up For Skateparks fundraiser benefit in Las Vegas.
RSD reports that the “Hawkized” Thruxton has been transformed by Roland Sands Design into a full-on custom café racer. Key features include RSD custom clip-on handlebars and foot pegs, a handmade FMF Titanium Exhaust, custom 17″ rims with red powdercoating, and updated forks and shocks by Progressive Suspension. Other one-off RSD components abound on this special Thruxton, while a custom red paint job by AirTrix completes the package.
The Triumph Thruxton will be unveiled at the Stand Up For Skateparks fundraiser at the Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa in Las Vegas this weekend. Attached above is a sketch of the RSD Triumph Thruxton; stay clicked to UltimateMotorCycling.com for additional pics.
RSD/Tony Hawk Triumph Thruxton 900 Highlights:
- RSD Custom Red Paint by AirTrix
- RSD Custom Fabricated One-off Components
- RSD Tech Gas Cap
- RSD Clip-on Handlebars
- RSD Custom Tracker Grips
- RSD Moto Footpegs
- FMF Hand Made Titanium Exhaust
- Custom leather Café seat by Mauricio Aguilar/Azteka Leather
- British Customs Airbox Kit
- British Customs Low Profile Air Injection Removal Kit
- K&N Air Filters
- Speed Merchant Stator Cover
- Speed Merchant Sprocket Cover
- Custom 17″ Aluminum Rims by Dubya USA
- Powder Coating by Olympic Powder Coating
- Dunlop Q2 Tires
- Renthal Ultralight Hard Anodized 43T Rear Sprocket
- British Customs 18T Countershaft Sprocket
- D.I.D. 525 Chain
- Kellermann Micro 1000 Halogen Turn Signals
- Progressive Suspension Front Fork Kit
- Progressive Suspension 970 Series Reservoir Shocks
- British Custom Countershaft Sprocket
- Pazzo Brake & Clutch Levers
- British Customs rectifier relocation kit