2012 Honda Motorcycle
Introduced in 2010, the Honda Shadow RS takes classic styling and handling from the 750cc flat-track racers of the 1980s, and adds modern engine technology.
This combination was an immediate success for the Japanese motorcycle marquee, the bike quickly becoming a main rival for the Harley-Davidson 883 Sportster.
And for 2012, Honda continues to offer the Shadow RS as a carryover model, with the only new addition to the bike being new paint – Candy Blue. This is the only color offered for 2012, though; gone is the white and
blue paint that mimics the bikes that Bubba Shobert and Ricky Graham
rode to victory.
Reamining is the 52-degree V-Twin with three valves per cylinder that provides ample power for the 503-lbs. cruiser, with crisp response from the fuel injection system with automatic enrichment. This power is transmitted through an agile chassis, which features higher footpegs for enhance ground clearance.
And as always, there are loads of Honda Genuine Accessories available, including Backrest (tall/low), Backrest Trim (tall/low), Rear Carrier, Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, Master Cylinder Caps (fluted/”V” design/neo-retro), Billet License Plate Frame (fluted/”V” design/neo-retro), Saddlebags, Saddlebag Supports, Saddlebag Liner Set, Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded), and Cycle Cover.
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Honda Shadow RS.
2012 Honda Shadow RS Specs:
- Model: VT750RS
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment, one 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: Drum
- Tires Front: 100/90-19
- Rear: 150/80-16
- Wheelbase: 61.4 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 32° 30′
- Trail: 134.0mm (5.3 inches)
- Seat Height: 29.5 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Curb Weight: 503 pounds
2012 Honda Shadow RS Color Option / MSRP:
- Candy Blue / $8240
Availability: December 2011