Trials World Championship
For the sixth time in the 2011 Trial World Championship, Repsol’s Toni Bou was victorious. This came after his win at Day 1 of the Japanese Trial Grand Prix, Round 8, in Motegi.
After rain caused some complications on the track, Bou was dueling with his main rival, Gas Gas rider Adam Raga, who trails Bou by 18 points. Bou was beaten for one point in the first lap. But in the second Bou was able to recover two points and achieve yet another success.
Day 2 of the Japanese Trial Grand Prix is scheduled for Sunday in Motegi.
Toni Bou “I am very happy with the way things went today. I must say that Adam [Raga] did a fantastic race, which makes me feel even more proud of my success. I think that the key was to overcome the “zero” in the ninth zone, which was extremely complicated in the first lap.
This points with one less round to the end of the championship, I am also very happy for Takahisa Fujinami, knowing what it means to him to have got on the podium.”
Motegi Trial World Championship: Day 1 Results
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 31 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 32 points
3. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 64 points
4. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 65 points
5. Kenichi Kuroyama (Yamaha) 73 points
Trial World Championship Points
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 152 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 134 points
3. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 114 points
4. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 99 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 95 points