2012 Harley Motorcycle
With riders showing more and more interest in the classic bobber movement, Harley-Davidson added a bare-bones Softail to its 2011 Dark Custom line, the Blackline. In its debut year, the Blackline impressed, featuring raw styling and the 96B Twin Cam engine.
But as The Motor Company continues to celebrate its three fundamental elements of motorcycling – mechanical beauty, internal combustion, and the V-twin thirst to ride the black-line (road) ahead – it updated the FXS Blackline for 2012 with the more powerful Twin Cam 103B engine, which pushes 98.7 ft.lbs of torque @ 3250 rpm.With this no-nonsense power comes no non-sense styling, from the SplitDrag Handlebar and tripleclamp mounted speedo, to the 2012 Harley-Davidson Blackline’s Softail rear-suspension mimics a bobber-hardtail platform, but offers the comfort of modern suspension hidden beneath the chassis.The 2012 Harley-Davidson Blackline also features a 144-mm rear tire and chopped fender, along with a 24-inch seat height and retro-round air cleaner.Following are highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail Blackline.2012 Harley-Davidson FXS Softail Blackline Highlights:
2012 Harley-Davidson FXS Softail Blackline Specs:Engine:
- NEW Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam 103B V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- NEW Paint color options
- Powertrain styling with gloss black powdercoat finish on the rocker box covers, crankcase, outer primary cover, and transmission side cover. The cylinders are silver powdercoat with machined highlights. The derby cover and timing covers are chromed.
- Round air cleaner cover in brilliant chrome
- Black Denim powdercoat frame and swingarm.
- Profile Laced aluminum wheels with black anodized rims
- Wide FX front end with black powdercoat triple clamps and black painted fork lowers.
- Split Drag internally-wired handlebar mounts directly to the top triple clamp
- Asymmetric five-gallon Softail fuel tank is clean on the left side, with low-profile fuel fill on the right. Die cast "Blackline" trim panel flowing down the center of the tank covers the fuel pump hardware.
- Analog speedometer on a triple-clamp mount that also holds indicator lights. LCD screen on the speedometer includes low-fuel warning and "miles to empty" display function.
- Bobbed rear fender with combination stop/turn/tail lights in black housings, and a new composite license plate holder and light module that mounts on the lower edge of the fender.
- Raw forged rear fender supports are finished in Black Denim powdercoat
- One-piece, two-up seat and passenger pillion. Laden rider seat height is 24 inches, the lowest two-up seat offered by Harley-Davidson.
- 5.75-inch diameter headlamp in gloss black shell
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Over/under chrome shotgun exhaust
- Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B
- Displacement (in./cc): 103/1690
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Fuel Mileage: 42 MPG combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 5/18.9
- Length (in./mm): 93/2362
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 24/160
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 66.5/1689
- Front: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, blackwall, D402F MH90-21 54H
- Rear: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, blackwall, D402 MU85B16 77H
Weight:2012 Harley-Davidson FXS Softail Blackline Color Options/MSRP:
- Front: Black Anodized Profile Laced Aluminum 21 in. x 2.15 in. (533 mm x 55 mm)
- Rear: Black Anodized Profile Laced Aluminum 16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)
- Vivid Black / $15,499
- Black Denim / $15,884
- Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black / $15,999
- H-D Orange/Vivid Black / $15,999