Discover Our Earth Motorcycle Expedition
It’s hard to believe: We have arrived! We have gone around the world, not on the shortest route, and covered more than 40,000 miles in 248 days!
On all six continents, we have collected an incredible amount of impressions. We have mastered crisis situations and have finally arrived in Mieming, Austria in the center of the universe at the headquarters of Edelweiss Bike Travel in the afternoon of July 25, 2011.It was a very happy arrival for everybody. In front of the hotel family, friends and enthusiasts had arranged for a very friendly welcome. The tears of joy could not be held back by the arriving team as well as the group waiting. That’s more than understandable after more than 8 months of absence!The last miles from Innsbruck to Mieming were overwhelming with the Alpine mountains on both sides of the Inn River! Many of us could not believe that these mountains still seemed to be exactly the same as when we started.What did we discover?
- We have learned that wars have to be avoided under all circumstances. What we saw in Volgograd, the former Stalingrad is incomparhandible to this very day.
- We have seen how other societies function, how different ways of thinking work within different policitcal systems.
- We have understood that our "correct way" of the Western System is not necessarilly the best for other parts of the world.
- We rode through many areas of our planet that we want to visit another time, to see more of the countries and to get to know the locals.
- And we have discovered that it is great to return back home!
If you want to hear more from our great adventures you can visit our online blog at worldtourer.com
where we posted reports from each sections. A slide show for each part of this tour can be found on our facebook fanpage.